If you are thinking about getting a computer...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nitro, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Yes that's the trend I used to work at ATI/AMD.

When's this new chip coming out?

#11     Nov 4, 2008
  2. Euler

Euler

Which chip? If you're asking about the Intel i7, Nov 17 seems to be the date. It's going to be "relatively expensive", especially the motherboards and RAM that work with it -- maybe $3k for a top-end system, and $1k for just the minimum parts to upgrade a core 2. It requires a new socket, as well as specially spec'd (low voltage) DDR3 so that the chip doesn't burn out as it would with high-voltage DDR2 for Core 2's/Opterons.

#12     Nov 4, 2008
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

His point was that people traded 5-10 years ago too and some of them made money without a Cray's computing power. :)

#13     Nov 4, 2008

4. I think he wanted you to know he likes to take his laptop with him when he takes a dump.

#14     Nov 5, 2008
  5. Surdo

Surdo

Nobody wants to get dingleberries on the function keys.

#15     Nov 5, 2008
  6. I'm shocked Intel is finally coming out with a DDR3 board. I'll believe that when I see it. They are famous for having blazing everything except what you plug everything into. For them to make that Skulltrail a DDR2 board is as stupid as can be. Why do we buy Intel chips and Asus boards? Because Intel has idiots working there who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. It's like selling Chevy Corvette's with Yugo engines.

#16     Nov 5, 2008
  7. Most of the laptops I have experienced get real hot and eventually crash. I had a dell laptop before which required 2 motherboards in a year.

Do you really trust a laptop? My laptop also freezes from time to time requiring a reboot.

If you are trading seriously, then you need a desktop...maybe not the highest end, but a desktop that is generally faster and wont be prone to crashes like laptops.

#17     Nov 5, 2008
  8. nitro

nitro

#18     Jul 14, 2010
  9. nitro

nitro

Whatever happened to the integrated CPU and GPU chips from INTC?

#19     Jul 14, 2010
  10. I heard its in the i9. Also heard that INTC has a 6-core CPU in the works... maybe they decided that 2 more cores was better than integrated video?

#20     Jul 16, 2010