if you are religious and you stop and actually think you can be free.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 12, 2011.

1. bone

bone

Do you masterbate to an image of Jesus ?

#11     Aug 12, 2011
  2. Illum

Illum

What if you no longer believe because you know. What if you have been enlightened? Illuminated. I see you post a ton of these free-thinker. And for the most part I like your posts. You are very smart and aggravated by the foolishness, and the insanity of these foolish people having influence in your life. Trust me, I get it.

But how do you respond to this. Out of curiosity please answer, I do respect you. What if I said, I am free, and I no longer believe anything, it is now fact for me.. I am still very much free, to my dismay sometimes, I get no advantage or know more, until I yield some more I suppose, as the ancients mentioned, but admittedly, I'm a dick. I can't yield the freedom I have, I love it. And I will not try and debate you or claim to try and preach to you. We both agree a waste of time. But thinking as hard as I can, will not remove freedom or the truth from me. Interested in your response. I know for a fact and yet remain free, and thought or IQ has no bearing.

#12     Aug 12, 2011
  3. your question is confusing please rephrase and clarify.

#13     Aug 13, 2011
  4. g222

g222

I was born and raised a Catholic, but came to understand: regardless of the intent of their origins, organized religiouis sects have evolved into nothing more than a means for a very few to control the wills of very many.

Unforunately, in all beliefs - and non-beliefs - there exist groups of radicals who just can't leave the rest alone. Their constant rantings, attacks and challenges of others' beliefs are nothing more than an expression of their craving for attention and their need to prove themselves right - to themselves. Such displays of so fragile and weak levels of self-esteem are deserving of our empathy, understanding and sympathy.

#14     Aug 13, 2011
  5. No they arent. Someone that never opens their bible, sins all time, and never even goes to church is no more a Christian than someone who flunked algebra is a mathmatician.

#15     Aug 13, 2011
  6. stu

stu

"What if I said, I am free, and I no longer believe anything, it is now fact for me.. I am still very much free......"

Perhaps consider how your thinking can possibly be free when being constrained into believing something as abstract as religion is fact.

#16     Aug 13, 2011
  7. Isn't the divorce rate among Christians about 50% in America, I know among Hindus the rate is much much lower. Fit... you've got to be kidding, go to the local buffet after church on Sunday and watch the huge huge people coming in to eat after church. I'm not saying being a Christian has anything at all to do with this but it damn sure doesn't stop it.

I only know a few atheist, including myself, that I know of and about 1/4 smoke, all are neat, all well groomed and most have excellent business skills. Again not saying being an atheist is the cause just my very limited observations. But atheist don't hang out together based on their not believing so I don't know a large enough sample of atheist to know for sure about them.

Edit: Back in the 50's I'd guess the vast majority of adult Christians smoked, didn't Jesus know smoking was bad for them back then?

#17     Aug 13, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

That sounds a little gay to me.

#18     Aug 13, 2011
  9. That means you're deluded. Nobody KNOWS there's no God.

#19     Aug 14, 2011
  10. bone

bone

Pee Drinker,

you have nothing to live for. So die already.

#20     Aug 14, 2011