If you are employed full-time, when do you spend time working on your system?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by lolatency, Mar 19, 2009.

1. sfl

sfl

Automate everything.
    Split your work into small pieces and do it constantly a small part of it, every day, even during your day work.

#41     Apr 8, 2020
  2. Teryc20

Teryc20

Is it that reliable but?

#42     Apr 13, 2020
  3. xappppp

xappppp

I work on a full time job and commute is long in days that I don’t work from home. I now usually try to wake up early to do some coding before wife and kid wake up.

Wake up early like 5am do bring a lot perks into life, since I can make some progress in without retreating from family life. And during the day, my wife will not complain and notice as long as I still cook breakfast at 7:30 and sort all the plates from dishwasher.

I don’t feel creative at all when I’m in front of a computer coding which merely get some idea implemented and tested. Good ideas comes random at me like daydreaming but I do want creat that environment during the day that I can just think randomly.

I just started thinking about building a ATS early this year and I’m not there yet. But I’m very happy about the progress I made and feel good that I made some life style changes to accommodate this hobby without getting everyone else in the family disturbed. I do feel myself doing a serious thing, and I can understand other people will think its silly if I’m swamped myself into it.

#43     Apr 29, 2020
  4. I try to allocate time and use the diary for this

#44     May 4, 2020