if you are a religious,dont think. its dangerous to your faith

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 19, 2011.

1. you are not supposed to read the bible and think about the truth of it all. you are supposed to, as the preachers are fond of saying"have the faith of a child":

TEXAS FAITH: Is science leading to a new literalism?
    British theologian and Anglican cleric Keith Ward contends that the growing role of science in the world, where countries depend upon scientists and inventors to drive their economies, has led to a growing literalism.

"Keith Ward, a British philosopher who was for years the canon of Oxford's cathedral, argued that the rise of science has led in the Judeo-Christian world to two things: literalism, because people no longer value things they can't prove, and secularism, because critical thought can tend to shift people to look at the Bible like any other book.."

http://religionblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/05/texas-faith-is-science-leading.html

2. Ricter

Ricter

Free Thinker, given your self-admitted background, I'm beginning to believe that these conversations and arguments you start are really intended to shore up your own (new) position. Ie., if you can beat us then your view must be correct. I think this underlines my argument that the decision to value scientifically defined evidence above all other forms of experience is a merely arbitrary decision. That's the existential truth of the matter. Scary?

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I still think he came home early one day and found his now ex-wife with his preachers dick up her ass. :)

4. Another bible prophecy fulfilled.

2 Timothy 4:3

"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."

Thats exactly what you do, isnt it freethinker? You go to a great number of websites to hear what your itching ears want to hear.

5. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

If you are a religious what?

6. you think? actually it might be more like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPs_j1EEplI

7. if you were a thinking person should conclude that if god exists he wants me to do what i do. maybe he wants my message to get out:

Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live. He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death. The Bible says, "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!" [Psalm 139:16]

A Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

8. Ricter

Ricter

9. Good point. Obviously god wants you to be an atheist. God sure does work in mysterious ways! :D