If you are a good trader, you might be a dummy

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pekelo, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

You sure can't read. The conclusion was that when the brain's fear and anxiety center isn't working, traders trade better. Pretty obvious if you think about it...

You can even try it, just smoke a joint...

#11     Jan 9, 2019
  2. I always suspected there was something wrong with the people who do better than I do... :D

#12     Jan 9, 2019
    piezoe likes this.
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Another way to control emotions is a fully automated system.

#13     Jan 9, 2019
  4. Mellov

Mellov

Am with you on this one, it cannot be. At least not in this context, if the person were to be blind other senses will be more active, this I can agree with. What has a damaged brain got to do with investments?

#14     Jan 9, 2019
  5. Brain damage is not equal to smoking joint.That`s pretty straightforward too.

#15     Jan 9, 2019
  6. lindq

lindq

A study of 15 brain damaged traders is meaningless.

Hell, you can survey a hundred brain damaged traders right here, anytime you want to.

#16     Jan 9, 2019
    piezoe, Frederick Foresight and They like this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

you may be underestimating depending on your definition of brain damaged.

#17     Jan 9, 2019
    They likes this.
  8. TommyR

TommyR

brain damage can also have positive effects e.g. marvel characters.

#18     Jan 9, 2019
  9. neke

neke

Not entirely. You may find another form of emotional trap: creating/activating/de-activating strategies on emotion. Speaking from experience :)

#19     Jan 9, 2019
  10. hmcp

hmcp

So no fear or anxiety and you trade better the same as when you hear I paper traded with no issues but cant make a real profit. Emotional control is the hardest part of trading unless you are brain damaged. I'm sure glad my wife doesn't read ET

#20     Jan 9, 2019