If you are a day trader with a persistent edge, are you a millionaire yet?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Blitzjoker, Oct 24, 2020.

1. EsKiller

EsKiller

Judging from everything you've posted, the correct answer is "patience". The need for action, rather than the desire to wait for opportunity to present itself.

Play a game like poker, see how well you do if your need for action is stronger than your desire to wait for opportunity.

#11     Oct 25, 2020
  2. TimMykes

TimMykes

lol

a systems seller claiming he retired rich off trading

http://www.marketswiki.com/wiki/Mark_Brown

#12     Oct 25, 2020
  3. Amatrue

Amatrue

Is it possible for you to give a brief idea, without giving away too much, of how you determine retail entries/exits? thanks

#13     Oct 25, 2020
  4. wmwmw

wmwmw

Your math doesn't add up.

#14     Oct 25, 2020
    comagnum likes this.
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

consistency - for me that is strictly "fading" while leveraging up-down on each trade. totally opposite of what anyone will tell you.

why more don't - simple they run out of money before they can learn. school cost and they burnt their tuition money. you need a benefactor early on "i was lucky - had several" probably because my enthusiasm and passion was off the hook and i could program in the 80's which was in demand. big guys were trying to figure out how to automate and it was wild west.

#15     Oct 25, 2020
    VPhantom, SimpleMeLike and Grantx like this.
  6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

before i block your dumb ass i want to set you strait. i have an independently audited track record as the trader and 1/2 owner of a CTA. the firm was named by MAR as the top emerging CTA in the country, in the classification of under 10mm under management it's first 2 years. prior to that i was the quant for one of the worlds largest traders and most of the biggest trading firms. since you like to look up shit, check my linkedin profile dweeb.

#16     Oct 25, 2020
  7. Blitzjoker

Blitzjoker

One percent profit per trade so:

1.01 raised to 700th power=1059.16 * 1000 (original stake) = 1,059,160

#17     Oct 25, 2020
  8. tomorton

tomorton

You're assuming a 100% win rate?

#18     Oct 25, 2020
  9. Blitzjoker

Blitzjoker

No an average of a 1 percent gain with a 2 percent maximum risk of capital.

#19     Oct 25, 2020
    tomorton likes this.
  10. QTrader20

QTrader20

Just curious to know where did he claim that he got rich by trading? I'm aware he made a claim many years ago that he sold an algo for 5M....

I'm a fan of quant stuff and I got to say the guy is quite knowledgeable in this field with decades of experience. He knew how to back test trading ideas more than a decade ago while most ETers still don't know what it is presently.

#20     Oct 25, 2020