If ya cant beat these,u really shouldnt be trading at all

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MadeMan, Jun 28, 2013.

1. "Real trading" is a definition I could laugh both ways around. Every time you trade is "real trading." So, lol.

I can't sit at a screen. I want to be entertained by it, but what makes that trading ungambling is that I don't have to think or be rude to people who call expecting me to leave the terminal.

That isn't the way life is unless you really are a professional prop trader or someone who does trade as their sole income in which case they're still a pro prop trader.

My easiness with it is simply that the more times I skin a cat, the more it looks the same. A bloody mess.

If I only have to skin a few cats, I don't have to worry about how to skin the cat better, because the approach probably won't look any different when it schemes into development. Once the rare grail is in you, I drink from it and take away the life I had to receive it. Once I've received it as the story goes, I don't have to skin anymore cats because I already know how.

I'm just saying that I want to find the best way to skin a cat, then pay someone else to do it that way for me, so there isn't that bloody mess.

#11     Jun 28, 2013
  2. nice! thanks for sharing that. I've always wanted to build one of those. I'd like to do it in R, but don't know of any halting IO commands that would halt , capture, and process loop data.

#12     Jun 28, 2013
  3. How do you know how long to let your winners run for? How do you know how early to cut your losers? Was entry random?

#13     Jun 28, 2013
  4. Does anyone know if that game just uses a random number generator?

#14     Jun 28, 2013
  5. Cool game, but doesn't allow adding to open positions or scaling out :(

#15     Jun 28, 2013
  6. That's a valid question but I don't know how to answer it exactly.

I used basic PA for entry and exit. I'd look for sudden momentum and wait for a dip. Or look for range and consolidation breakouts and wait for a dip. If recent support or resistance was broken after entry I'd exit immediately. If a trade was moving quickly in my favor I'd let it go longer than if it went the wrong way immediately after entry.

#16     Jun 29, 2013
  7. I would laugh if it turned out that game was using random numbers to draw the chart.

It does seem to have upward bias, though.

#17     Jun 29, 2013
  8. I'd be surprised if it was all random, probably just random to some degree. It was pretty easy to beat, just buy on up ticks and sell all on down ticks. The nature of the movements in the game make it easy to use a stupidly simple strategy like that. Didn't see a single unexpected big move in either direction.

#18     Jun 29, 2013
  9. The chartgame.com site was much harder and appears to use real historical data.

#19     Jun 29, 2013