iF WE PUT THINGS INTO PERSPECTIVE

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Jan 18, 2008.

1. piezoe

piezoe

I think you have nicely summed up the situation as it stands now. I suppose the first step in fixing things is recognition that there is a problem.

I have something to add that i'm certain to get flamed for, but i'm going to say it anyway. And that is that there are three very serious problems that are going to eventually bring the US to its financial knees if we don't make radical changes in our thinking.

The first is medical care costs, the second is an out of control military industrial complex, and the third is the problem of Israel. Only the first of these problems is generally recognized. All have straight forward solutions that greed, however, will prevent being implemented.

The problem of medical costs requires that the joint government-private medical cartel be broken so that free enterprise can operate within the medical sector of the economy.

The problems of excessive military spending and Israel are indirectly related to the housing bubble in a curious way i won't go into, but these latter two problems also have ready solutions. Excessive military spending can be addressed by changing the political rhetoric from "strong" military to "adequate" military while simultaneously addressing the problem of Israel through uniform funding of national political campaigns via tax dollars.

I'm not going to explain, not in this thread anyway. But there are some very bright folks on ET who will catch on immediately. The rest of you will think i'm crazy. Let the flames begin.

#21     Jan 20, 2008
  2. How does the P/E of an index correlate to equity valuations in an environment were lines of credit to exchange goods and services are terminated?

:D

#22     Jan 20, 2008