if we do have a bounce which sectors will lead?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by chipmunk, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Hi,

Is there a symbol or something for that utility sector so I can watch it?

#21     Oct 12, 2008
  2. mike007

mike007

Are these publicly traded?

#22     Oct 12, 2008
  3. I think you have a point there.

#23     Oct 12, 2008
  4. Agyar

Agyar

Another vote here for commodities (and related) and tech.

A lot of the tech stocks that got hit hard recently still have great earnings. I think when GOOG and AAPL earning come out in the next few weeks, on top of the world governments jumping through every hoop they can find to stabilize things, we should at least stabilize if not pop up some.

#24     Oct 13, 2008
  5. ammo

ammo

a guess would be that U S companies increase there moving of production abroad,they will be forced to lower costs to stay afloat and will not have to offer same insurance and pension benifits,India would be a good place to invest,does anyone know of a major cell phone company growing quickly in that country

#25     Oct 13, 2008
  6. sho-tim

sho-tim

As a matter of fact, yes. $msh gained 100% from bottom of 02 to 04. $indu gained 50%. Thought you had me there, didn't ya?

But I was actually talking about a traders bounce. The kind that happens over a period of days or weeks. Like the flip side of the crash.

#26     Oct 13, 2008
  7. Analyze companies that will be the most affected by a longer term financial downturn. That discretionary income will not be spent that readily. CCL, RCL will not be bouncing quickly in my opinion (just as an example of the need for discretionary income to do well).

Follow those lines with your thinking, we have.

Don

#27     Oct 13, 2008
  8. Cutten

Cutten

Yeah, exactly. The leading tech stocks (YHOO, AMZN, EBAY etc) went up massively after the tech bust ended, and the nasdaq almost doubled in just over a year.

#28     Oct 13, 2008
  9. are there more such luckies?

#29     Oct 14, 2008