If we cut and run from Iraq...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Oct 3, 2006.

1. dddooo, you've consistently tried making the assertion that Iraq has cost the U.S. prestige/empathy/love by both allies and the world at large. You can't deny that's been your view.
    I am not denying that, that's still my veiw, I disagree with your analysis above about Israel being the primary reason of anti-american sentiment (even though there is a grain of truth in it but it's an extremely small grain), Israel was supported by Clinton and Reagan during wars and intifadas, yet this country's reputation is at all time low today, after Bush came to power and invaded Iraq, after Gitmo, tortures, warantless wiretappings etc. But it's not the topic of this discussion.

I'm glad you're digging beyond face value type shit. You're not a dumb ass. IMO that little skirmish in Lebanon woke you up to the fact that some supposed friends are indeed enemies and some who you oft disagree are friends.
    I never had any illusions about it, I am not a one issue voter either, I don't put Israel's interests above the interests of this country. There are a lot of wackos on the left, there are a lot of idiots on the right, I don't see Z10, bsmeter, wael or Noam Chomsky as true representatives of the left/democratic/progressive movement (at least as far as Israel is concerned). The true american left are people like John Edwards, Lamont, Kerry, Clinton and many other mainstream democrats who share my values and yet support Israel as strongly as Newt Gingrich and Tom Delay.

#41     Oct 3, 2006
  2. Regardless of one's opinion of Bush, the world's sentiment towards him is as clear as day. Citizens in all US allied countries have strong negative feelings towards this man. How is he supposed to rally the world let alone the UN around a cause when he's a political lame duck?

#42     Oct 4, 2006