If Wave and Gann Theories are just joke, why do we believe in other pattern?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by j2ee, Aug 28, 2012.

1. But many trading book writers do so because they can make money selling books and not trading. You have to be VERY selective.

You sound like you are inexperienced in trading and so I am just trying to help you be aware that trading books can be informative but the vast majority wont help you become and stay profitable.

#81     Aug 30, 2012
  2. j2ee

j2ee

That chart guy never says how he creates all of those patterns, that doesn't help me to learn anything.

#82     Aug 30, 2012
  3. cornix

cornix

R.R. is right, don't rely on anyone else showing you "holy grail". Just watch the markets closely, try to really understand what happens there fundamentally and technically and over time you'll see recurring patterns, which you will KNOW work, not have to trust someone else saying "his" patterns are the best. :)

#83     Aug 30, 2012
  4. Okay j2ee, full disclosure, the ebbchart guy is really me. I was just having fun but everything I said about the ebbchart is true. I used to work with the postal service, so we have our own equivalent of the 401k called the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). Equity funds (C, S, I) and bonds (F, G) are available for us to invest in. The C-fund is like the SPY, the S-fund is VXF and the I-fund is EFA.

One day I realized that I could capture a snapshot of the daily market by using the three equity funds (C, S! I). I used my cycles to get a buy or short signal from each of the funds. Here's my description of the ebbchart patterns (copied from the ebbchart primer):

Genus: EbbChartus

Introduction: We have quantifiable chart patterns in the ebbchart; that much is known. The signals coming from the C, S and I-fund give the chart patterns three different perspectives with which to track the market. It's like having a chart with an xyz-axis instead of just xy (flat). Dang, where's the 3D glasses when you need one? _

#84     Aug 31, 2012
  5. Fruity books are a waste... good books help... nothing replaces practice... don't trade other peoples indicators..thats black box trading

#85     Aug 31, 2012
  6. j2ee

j2ee

backtest other people indicators or even backtest a lot of indicators combination with your own setting is not blackbox.

#86     Sep 1, 2012
  7. j2ee

j2ee

The more I learn and read, the more I feel Wave and Gann theories are just marketing tools at that moment for the advantage of the creator. Gann did earn a lot of money from his speeches and selling "secret numbers and ways". I didn't know what wave theory brought to Elliott but people after him who regularly share their "predication" or "teaching" earn a lot of money in these decades especially very famous icon kind of "wave master".

#87     Sep 27, 2012
  8. j2ee

j2ee

Can anyone prove wave theory is not fake and not just a marketing tool for the benefit of the creator/media speaker?

#88     Oct 18, 2012