If Wave and Gann Theories are just joke, why do we believe in other pattern?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by j2ee, Aug 28, 2012.

1. j2ee

j2ee

How about classic pattern like head and shoulder, double bottoms?

#11     Aug 28, 2012
  2. No, I didn't. I was responding to the part in your title "other patterns"

#12     Aug 28, 2012
  3. Yes, these work great all the time, but I focus on understanding what BUILT the pattern and not just trading the pattern blindly. For instance is a H&S pattern develops through a certain sequence of price bars with certain OHLC, I'll take the trade. If the pattern doesnt set up that way, I won't.

PS I only day trade

#13     Aug 28, 2012
  4. j2ee

j2ee

why would you not even try to see if these two theories work if you had been trading for that many years? I really wonder.

#14     Aug 28, 2012
  5. Because I found something else FIRST that I saw working and continued to develop it from there.

#15     Aug 28, 2012
  6. j2ee

j2ee

Seykota, may be the highest % return trader in the world, say many times in his "online community" that day trade is a very horrible thing to do, how do you think from your experience? My experience is that day trade is very mental stressed. Day trading future is like fighting with "random" factor more than other thing. In so short time frame, my experience feel like even just the random part of massive human reaction would touch my cut loss point for really no reason.

#16     Aug 28, 2012
  7. j2ee

j2ee

#17     Aug 28, 2012
  8. Elliot wave principle is the back bone of my discretionary trading. I consider it a huge advantage.

My automated trend following systems are much less sophisticated, but trained on years of data. They are like insects compared to a ninja. But it takes years to become a master, while insects will take care of themselves.

:)

#18     Aug 28, 2012
  9. I suggest STOP reading what so many others say and find your own way. If you are smart and persistent, you should find something that works and then you can develop it from there, refine it and create an objective trading method.

#19     Aug 28, 2012
  10. j2ee

j2ee

Do you have to use yourself to process and trade or your strategy can be 100% programming and become autotrade?

#20     Aug 28, 2012