If US defaults who will be blamed, Obama or Republicans?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RobtF, Jul 5, 2011.

If US defaults who will be blamed? Obama or Republicans?

1. Obama

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. Republicans

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. Democrats

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RobtF

RobtF

If US defaults who will be blamed in 2012, Obama or Republicans?

I've heard conflicting views on both sides as to who will be blamed if this game of chicken with the American economy goes off the cliff.

2. Ash1972

Ash1972

*IF* the US defaults, Obama will be blamed, simply due to the prevailing social mood right now. The president is always the focus of blame, whoever he may be.

3. Are you asking who WOULD be blamed or who SHOULD be blamed?

4. bone

bone

I think that everything is Bush's fault. Just ask 'the chosen one'. Modern political correctness demands accountability; therefore, Bush. But if anything good happend, that came from Clinton.

5. It depends on how it actually happens.

If SS payments are cut, voters will likely take out their wrath on *everyone*, regardless of political affiliation.

6. Am I the only one here old enough to remember the numerous times we've played this game in the past?

7. Flash Mobs

8. It will revolves around the chess game that leads up to the default. Those who play the end game the best will succeed in letting the weight fall on the other side.

That said, I think the odds of an actual default are no higher than 1%. A deal will be done to kick the can down the road.

9. You are not a patriot when you can't blame such treasonous act on a foreign entity, such as BRICKS, US has such burden, so other countries can enjoy peaceful and productive world order. Blame Canada.

:D

10. FOX will blame Obama and the democrats. MSNBC will blame Bush and the republicans. Democrats will blame republicans and corporate America. Republicans will blame democrats and unions. I blame Ronnie Rayguns. He set the trend of kicking the can down the road with no oversight. We've run out of road.

#10     Jul 5, 2011