If Us catches a cold, the world does NOT sneeze.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by rateesquad, Oct 27, 2006.

1. #21     Oct 30, 2006
  2. djxput

djxput

#22     Oct 30, 2006
  3. Funny, somehow the stores from which I buy my goods do not seem to subscribe to this line of thinking.

Any chance you can get the real world to actually reflect that?

#23     Oct 30, 2006
  4. In 2004, I was able to buy meals from McDonalds for a little more then $3.00. In two years, I cant seem to leave the same McDonalds without paying at least $7.00.

Its no wonder why there are many companies out there reporting good earnings. Prices on everything are simply insane. A double in prices at McDonalds in two years.

#24     Oct 30, 2006
  5. Tuneman

Tuneman

excuse me, what is core inflation up, .2%? Hardly much, plus it contradics the orignal poster, so thanks for bringing it up

#25     Oct 30, 2006
  6. In looking at several foreign indexes, around 1987-88 there was a sudden and resounding crash. Im sure most of us are familiar with that crash. The indexes have not caught up to those old highs from what I can see in the charts.

Now in looking at todays charts of the foreign indexes, I see very similiar patterns.

What is the difference between then and now? I can already guess that earnings and other fundamentals are probably much stronger now.

What opinions are out there on this issue? Thoughts?

#26     Oct 30, 2006
  7. Don't think you would find an economist out there who would agree w/ your 2.3% inflation = higher interest rate argument... The Fed follows the bond market which is pricing in a cut as early as Q1 of next year.

#27     Nov 3, 2006