If trading's not leisure, why be a trader?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NoMoreOptions, Mar 13, 2004.

1. I make a living from

Pressing buttons
    Overcoming Boredom
    Following a system

Who am I?

#21     Mar 13, 2004
  2. Great post! That's one thing that I've started to discover and appreciate only recently about trading, the creative element of it. To the outside world (and perhaps to some/most traders too) it may just look like a bunch of numbers going up and down, but to be able to coalesce the chaos into some pattern from which you can profit from takes a heck of alot of creativity and experimentation -- as in any art, as with any science. I think in the end, even if one is very successful on the profit/loss column, it's the love of the art of trading that keeps one from just burning out over time, because the numbers just aren't enough, at least that's how I see it.

#22     Mar 13, 2004
  3. well...yeah..good point. There is nothing like running a tight stop and finally catching that 3 out of 10 trade......

Michael B.

#23     Mar 13, 2004
  4. Cheese

Cheese

Trading inter alia is about being successful .. thats always a fu*king nice feeling!

Sleepless nights hardly ever .. always sleep like a log. So I like the sack too.

Then of course I only day trade .. nothing overnight. Fine if you like carrying positions overnight, for days or for weeks .. but I don't see the need.

I would say just go for the daily cornucopia. But as always - each to his own.

#24     Mar 13, 2004
  5. lindq

lindq

Well, I sit poolside everyday with the Scottsdale mountains in the background, and listen for any signals from my system. When I'm lucky enough to get them, I place a trade and wait for a day or two or three for it to pay off. My work ends at 2:30 EST or 1:30 EDT and I have the rest of the day to play with my Porsche, my Mercedes, my boat, or my golf clubs. I pay no self employment taxes or social security, I pay no employees, I have zero debt, I wear flip-flops and shorts to work, and I say yes sir and no sir to nobody. Ever.

Now, you were saying what?

#25     Mar 13, 2004
  6. Yes sir

#26     Mar 13, 2004
  7. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

"Well, I sit poolside everyday with the Scottsdale mountains in the background, and listen for any signals from my system. When I'm lucky enough to get them, I place a trade and wait for a day or two or three for it to pay off. My work ends at 2:30 EST or 1:30 EDT and I have the rest of the day to play with my Porsche, my Mercedes, my boat, or my golf clubs. I pay no self employment taxes or social security, I pay no employees, I have zero debt, I wear flip-flops and shorts to work, and I say yes sir and no sir to nobody. Ever."

Now, you were saying what?

LOL and he doesnt trade options because they are TO RISKY......another retired babyboomer trader.? NOT PAYING ANY SS TAX WHAT?. ...the bullshit on ET....gota love it....I LOVE IT.

#27     Mar 13, 2004
  8. Well, he wouldn't pay any SS tax....if he were just trading....and i thought babyboomers had another 5 years?

Michael B.

#28     Mar 13, 2004
  9. funky

funky

A noble thing for ALL of us to strive for :)

#29     Mar 13, 2004
  10. lindq

lindq

I don't trade options because I don't need to, numbnuts. I hit lots of singles and doubles and leave unnecessary risk to people like you who don't know better.

And if you were successful enough to be self-employed as a trader, you would already know you don't pay social security tax on trading profits because you have no earned income.

#30     Mar 13, 2004