If trading's not leisure, why be a trader?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NoMoreOptions, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Discipline equels Freedom in trading.

free from bosses, clients, customers, corporations.

I have the power to judge the course of my life because of the rules, the discipline.

Name another profession where even the rules are the ones you choose to follow or make up yourself? you can trade whatever timeframe, method, instruements you want.

if having self-discipline is too much for you, go do something else.

-m.o.

#11     Mar 13, 2004
  2. abogdan,

that was an amazing post. i'm keeping that for inspiration when my will gets weak.

-m.o.

#12     Mar 13, 2004
  3. Exactly why I'm here!

JT

#13     Mar 13, 2004
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Uuuuuuhhhh.....(Scratchin' my head).........Hmmmmm.......(Still thinking).....Oh, yeah! To make money!!:eek:

#14     Mar 13, 2004
  5. TGregg

TGregg

I was just thinking yesterday that (as far as I know) there is no other profession where the only thing that matters is how good you are at trading. Perhaps gambling, but the soft skills involved in that are much harder to master for me.

Every other job contains an "impression" factor, whether it's your managers impression of how good you did if you work for somebody else, or your customers impression if you don't. Everybody on EliteTrader can think you are a miserable trader, but that doesn't really matter. Or everybody on EliteTrader can think you are the hottest thing since Internet stocks, and that won't matter either. All that matters is how well you trade. Your reward is directly equal to that.

#15     Mar 13, 2004
  6. Luto

Luto

I have been VERY creative in my trading, from creating my own technical methods to creating my own system to trade it.

In fact I have found that to be one of the most rewarding aspects. I enjoy getting up every AM. The only thing that I miss is staying up really late and messing around .

As for money, whatever. I am here for the challenge. I like to compete with the best and in this case it is myself . Master yourself and the world is yours!

"stay on the sunny side of life, always on the sunny side...."

Cheers!

#16     Mar 13, 2004
  7. Yes, it is really that simple......

#17     Mar 13, 2004
  8. Simple things for the simple minded. And this is not for the simple minded.

#18     Mar 13, 2004
  9. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

"If being a trading is about to be free, then why you have to be constrained, like slaves IMO, by so many timing, rules, disciplines, and habits? "

Ur measuring freedom in the wrong way. If you trade for a living and trade for ur self, you are free from what many call THE MAN.

You are free from any Boss and all mid level managment Yahoos, your free from corporate politics, as in office drama. Your free from dress codes, your free from being a slave to a corporation that will eventually churn and burn you........"UMMM YEAAAA IM GONA NEED YOU TO COME IN ON SATURDAY , AND OHH I ALL MOST FORGOT, I NEED YOU SUNDAY TO.

and, if you become successful, you become Financially Free, far more than 99% of those in corporate america.

That is how you measure freedom IMHO

#19     Mar 13, 2004
  10. please....keep it simple.... :)

Michael B.

#20     Mar 13, 2004