If Tom Brady makes it to the Super Bowl this year...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by wildchild, Jul 17, 2022.

1. wildchild

wildchild

He will have the record for most playoff wins against NFC teams.

Absolutely amazing.

2. I would of thought he already had the most wins. I wonder who does.

3. wildchild

wildchild

The key here is NFC teams in the playoffs. He has only played in the NFC for 2 years.

4. I missed the playoffs angle. And yeah, only playing for 2 years so far in the NFC and having the most wins if he makes it to the Super Bowl this year. Amazing if it does happen.

5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Still 0-2 against the NFC Giants in Super Bowl no matter how loooooong he plays. Bwahaha

6. Overnight

Overnight

That's crazy considering that is a max of 6 games. Is the NFC that bad that they never had anyone better in National? lol.

7. SunTrader

SunTrader

Read the "fine print". Does anyone consider the Super Bowl to be a playoff?

He has NFC 4 playoff wins, so if include his 6 Super Bowl victories a total of 10.

Also Bart Starr, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana and so many others had far less playoff games to possible win because they didn't play as many back in the day.

8. Overnight

Overnight

I found the chart for it somewhere, and wildchild is correct. If Brady makes it to the Super Bowl, he will beat Brett Farve who holds the 12-10 record for playoff wins.

9. SunTrader

SunTrader

Can't he has 4 NFC playoff wins. 3 in 2020, 1 last year. He's only been in the NFC 2 years.

Again Super Bowl wins are not playoff wins.

10. Overnight

Overnight

I dunno. Here's what I see on the wires...

"As of now, Brady needs two of each to erase Manning's mark. According to John Breech of CBS Sports, Brady has a chance to add one more record to his long list of marks – most playoff wins against NFC teams.

The record is now currently owned by Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre, who had 12 wins against NFC teams in the postseason in his career. Favre defeated 11 NFC teams in the playoffs while he was with the Green Bay Packers and 1 during his stint with the Vikings. As of now, Brady has 10 postseason wins against NFC teams – six when he was with the New England Patriots and four with the Buccaneers. If he leads the Buccaneers to a Wild Card appearance in the upcoming postseason, Brady has a chance to break Favre’s record..."

https://us.blastingnews.com/sports/...layoff-win-record-vs-nfc-teams-003489052.html

So Wild's statement seems true.

#10     Jul 19, 2022