If this weather continues, Chicago pits may be impacted tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nitro, Feb 1, 2011.

1. nitro

nitro

It's official, CME delays open, until 10 AM CT, and that seems doubtful too...

#11     Feb 2, 2011
  2. nitro

nitro

It was bizarre. LSD inbound was a graveyard. Outbound a parking lot!

#12     Feb 2, 2011
  3. is Jay Cutler in town?

#13     Feb 2, 2011
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Nice to hear from you, Sir. Stay warm in my favorite American City.

#14     Feb 2, 2011
  5. nitro

nitro

Take one solid day of business profit from the entire Chicago and surrounding areas. ___Everything___ (save gas stations) is closed, and with good reason - no one is on the roads, so it would be a waste of time to be open for business.

It is not as bad as I thought it would be though. I expected twice as bad. Still, it has brought the city to a grinding halt.

#15     Feb 2, 2011
  6. nitro

nitro

People abandoned their cars on LSD when they were trapped and couldn't get off, ran out of gas, and it got dangerous:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/03/us/03chicago.html

Many schools closed tomorrow again, but roads are mostly clear. The temperature has dropped dramatically, and ice will likely build on roads.

#16     Feb 2, 2011
  7. volente_00

volente_00

75 degrees on monday

24 tonight with snow and ice

Gotta love Texas weather.

#17     Feb 3, 2011
  8. Thank god for electronic markets, Weather down here is perfect. No way in hell will my ass be up north right now.

#18     Feb 3, 2011
  9. spd

spd

Once the ice comes Houston will officially shut down tomorrow. People flip out and dont know what to do. On the news they are trying to make it seem like its as bad here as it is in the upper midwest, buncha babies!

#19     Feb 3, 2011
  10. volente_00

volente_00

#20     Feb 4, 2011