If this ‘relentless bid’ dries up, investors could face ‘gruesome nightmare’

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by RedDuke, Apr 9, 2019.

1. dozu888

dozu888

What r v doing here. Let’s make some money

#31     Apr 11, 2019
  2. Specterx

Specterx

I think you're more right then the valuation bears, but equities do deserve a risk premium and right now we're within the historical range. SPX 5000 isn't in the cards, at least not soon.

Your last statement highlights what's likely to be the epicenter of the next downturn, whenever it arrives. A few companies hog all the profits while too many burn too much cash, whether VC capital or junk-bond proceeds.

#32     Apr 11, 2019
  3. dozu888

dozu888

actually 3.5 is being generous.... the 'Fed Model' uses the 10-year which is only 2.5 right now! huge gap at the moment 2.5 vs what 5.77 something on the SP earning..

yes there is a risk premium but the idea is that it's off set by the earnings growth.

in terms of the down turn - I hear your... never before had we seen such concentration of resources and wealth going to the tip of the pyramid.... but that is something we don't know and cannot control.

and for now, 2.5 vs 5.77 is such a big gap, going all-in is a no brainer.

#33     Apr 11, 2019
  4. %% I seldom see 3-6% gaps, but when/if they do i may tighten stops on that LOL. TTD gap from $150-$200 may hold?? NOT in that one:D:D NOT a stock tip, not a3rd grade kid, not a prediction.:D:D,:D:D:D:D:D,:D

#34     Apr 12, 2019
    dozu888 likes this.
  5. pipeguy

pipeguy

No margin call on the bullion under the mattress.

It has to burn many fingers of short-sighted, impatient guys before it can reward those who kept the bet on prudence :)

#35     Apr 12, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. destriero

destriero

So you're stating that historical analogs (gold dropped during last two crashes) has nothing to do with the price of the gold in your mattress? Got it.

#36     Apr 12, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. pipeguy

pipeguy

History is relevant, but only to some extent. Every crisis is unique and extrapolating two past drops to future is similar to saying that 3rd coin toss based on two past tails should be tail too. Faith in fiat, its power, was different then. Now even Central bankers see that marginal efficiency of every next QE is diminishing. Japanification of developed world if no proper revamp.

Next time we will crash into completely unknown pit, IMO and gold standard is a good point for digression :) before the next jump in development.

#37     Apr 15, 2019