If this rally fails...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Buyers should be here right about now, we have re-traced almost half the rally.

Buyers were are you?

#31     Mar 11, 2008
  2. rougebear

rougebear

Their off in the bathroom sucking each others cocks:eek: thinking uncle Ben saved their ass again.

#32     Mar 11, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

dow already loss 100 points.....

glad I sold between 9:15-9:45am

#33     Mar 11, 2008
  4. faure

faure

Increased demand has pushed commodities prices higher; what is interesting is the role speculative demand has played. Which ever way you look at it, increased resources costs will lead to higher prices. You don't need a textbook to get that.

Treasuries are much lower why? Might they be pricing in much poorer growth? I think it's really intersting that commodity prices and yields are diverging. What would happen if the speculative bubble were to burst (and speculators actually reverse short?). Deflation? Just throwing some ideas out there.

#34     Mar 11, 2008
  5. The way this is playing out seems to support the thesis that the problems in the economy are that of excessive risk taking not a shortage of liquidity. What happens if the securities the fed is now accepting as collateral are defaulted upon?

#35     Mar 11, 2008
  6. fade fade fade away.....lol

#36     Mar 11, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

Likely the Fed will just say, "fuggetaboutit"... just another way to "monetize bad debts"... could be their intention right from the get-go.

#37     Mar 11, 2008
  8. GTS

GTS

But the fix never lasts and they are always on the hunt for the next one....witness the failed rally

#38     Mar 11, 2008
  9. Wow this could spell doom if a near 300pt rally fades to red and closes red.

#39     Mar 11, 2008
  10. I think we can add another statement of fact to the litany of facts we've learned in the last several months, and it's quite simple -

The Federal Reserve, if there was any previous doubt, has lost any semblance of credibility it previously held among the remaining (but dwindled) faithful.

I mean, they just can't provide support no matter what they try.

Maybe because that's not their proper role - to support financial markets.

Maybe they should let the weak actors, who made the wrong choices, fall on their swords, and allow the underpinnings that the healthy and wise actors are now establishing, take us into a new bullish phase eventually, once the toxic waste works itself out of the markets (however low that takes us).

#40     Mar 11, 2008