If this is true...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Josh_B, Dec 5, 2002.

1. no more excuses for war...
    No good, because that could be the main reason why this thing might turn out to be a very premature invention.

And since when is G.W. Bush a puppet politician?

Anyway, I am for, I even walk more than I drive, very unusual in LA. :cool:

#11     Dec 7, 2002
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I am going out for a ride in my Solar Mobile.....you know there is someone in these islands that makes them. It is always sunny in the Keys so they work. We have an entire island with no electricity, all the houses are completely solar power.

#12     Dec 7, 2002
  3. Josh_B

Josh_B

Yes it could be a hoax, a fake. Many too good to be true claims have proven so in the past. A huge list can be compiled.

But also many technologies that we now take for granted would be beyond science fiction even 40-50 years ago. Look at Cell phones, supersonic flight, lasers, plasma displays. Go few hundred years back and claim the earth is not flat and you'd be burned at the stake.. the list can go on...

The are 3 basic possibilities maybe more.

1. It's a total hoax

2. It's true but will be smothered and covered up (too many powerful interests, and trillions upon trillions, at stake)

3. It's true and it will become available to the world.

Reading and re-reading the site, it reminded of the old Cold fusion theories and experiments about a dozen years ago or so.

Some more recent developments:

The War Against Cold Fusion
    What's really behind it?

Two months ago, I reported that Dr. Michael McKubre, an electrochemist at Menlo Park-based SRI, was, like other researchers, generating unaccounted-for heat in a carefully-controlled cold fusion experiment.

McKubre says the reaction appears to be nuclear in origin.

In addition to carefully measuring the excess heat being produced using a calorimeter precise to 1/1000th of a degree, McKubre has also detected elevated quantities of Helium-4, a known fusion by-product. McKubre's findings turn what is currently known about nuclear science on its head.

Since writing my first report on McKubre's work two months ago, I've become convinced that the federal Department of Energy is responsible for a massive failure to serve the public interest. Rather than budget the funds needed to explore this new, emerging science, our top national energy science officials have adopted what might be called, at best, a policy of benign neglect. At worst, it's a policy of fraud and deceit.

I've seen how squirrelly even good people can get when a few of their bucks are in jeopardy. So it's not surprising that when several trillion dollars are on the table, there are signs of skullduggery.

I've seen how squirrelly even good people can get when a few of their bucks are in jeopardy. So it's not surprising that when several trillion dollars are on the table, there are signs of skullduggery.

In addressing Mallove's complaint, MIT did not dispute that the original graph had been altered. Instead, one of the 15 authors of the MIT report was permitted to take the unusual step of changing the description of the experiment's purpose *after* the paper describing it was published.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/technology/archive/1999/05/17/coldfusion2.dtl

This Edison Device appears to be as different technology. But Skepticism is also very much understandable.

The site provides little details so far. But not sure if one can dismiss it as untrue right away.

They are not a public company, they are not asking for capital. And their approach and spirit seems straight forward in terms of making this available to the world and not giving a monopoly to a single corporation.

Who knows.. we should find out soon.

This could be an incredible plus for our civilization and our environment

Josh

#13     Dec 8, 2002
  4. whatever happened to the "people mover" that was to transform the World? at least that's the story according to the genius billionaire club.

#14     Dec 8, 2002
  5. You can put an order in for one on amazon.com, takes about a year to get one.

#15     Dec 8, 2002
  6. MrDinky

MrDinky

"People mover" what a load of garbage hype that was. This thing, if it's for real, could be the most be the most incredible invention ever. I'd rather power my house with a glass of water than spend twice as much for a "Segway."

What surprises me is, hoax or not, I haven't seen any mention of it in the news.

Thanks Josh for the post. I, too, hope it's not a hoax.

:cool:

#16     Dec 9, 2002
  7. If there is any truth to this invention, the inventor and all people associated with him are at high risk of having a string of fatal "accidents"... moreover, the actual details of such an invention are at high risk of "going missing"... after all, given that the USA is rapidly on the path to global control of oil resources (through fabricated wars, threats and overseas subversion), there is no way that the US policy makers will allow such an advantage to be threatened by such an invention...

#17     Dec 9, 2002
  8. jaan

jaan

c'mon, the site is a "scientific" equivalent of a trading system vendor who promises quadrillion percent ROI yet cannot tell bids from offers, and mixes up futures and options on his front page.

- jaan

#18     Dec 9, 2002
  9. Well, I did a tracert of the website and found it is being hosted in San Jose. Then I checked the DNS records and found a lawyer from New Jersey registered it. Then I looked up one of the researchers credentials and found she graduated from Washington State with a Ph.D in biology.

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

#19     Dec 9, 2002
  10. MrDinky

MrDinky

#20     Feb 17, 2003