If this is the Month That Faith Is Lost In Obama, Markets Crater

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, May 26, 2009.

1. I guess the 1000's of other "we're doomed" threads you've started while the market rallied 40% over the last 2 1/2 months weren't good enough to state your case?

I'm long term mega bearish too, but the market is being propped up by any and every means available to the government.

#11     May 26, 2009
  2. I'll bet when the market does flip and start it's next leg down you don't get short.

:p

#12     May 26, 2009
  3. World is in a depression, so it's time to buy.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/30940012

Depression Likely, but Buy Stocks: Strategist
    Topics:Recession | Stock Market | Investment Strategy | Economy (Global)
    By: CNBC.com | 26 May 2009 | 08:28 AM ET
    Text Size

The global economy is likely in a depression, not just a recession, and will continue to deteriorate from here, but that doesn’t mean that stocks aren’t a buy, Roger Nightingale, strategist from Pointon York, told CNBC.

“I don’t think we’re in recession… I think there’s a 75 percent chance we’re in depression and in depression you go on for a long, long time and you cannot control it,” Nightingale said.

“I’m expecting the world economy to be very, very dreary indeed, possibly going downhill for the next three or six months, and having a cyclical recovery after that, but a rather anemic one,” he added.

Despite Nightingale’s gloomy economic outlook, he expects stocks to recover from here as companies secure “satisfactory” profits and the wage earners are left dealing with the brunt of the slowdown.

“We’ve already seen the bottom for the equity market. I think it will be a bumpy ride, but I think we’re going up,” he said.

“Just because we have a bad economy, it doesn’t necessarily mean we have a bad stock market, on the contrary,” he added.

Nightingale is bullish on companies that have a lack of competition within their sector and can ensure strong profits.

#13     May 26, 2009
  4. we arent in a world wide depression with commodities as strong as they are now.

#14     May 26, 2009
  5. Commodity prices are manipulated. Just like stock prices.

#15     May 26, 2009
  6. Roger Nightengale is a Quack.

Who says to buy stocks if we are going into a multi-year Depression.

What a Moron.

Markets are strong, Obama is very strong.

#16     Jun 10, 2009
  7. Bear market rally. Obama is a weak-sister, speech-maker.

#17     Jun 10, 2009
  8. Cutten

Cutten

You could have said in June 2008 too.

#18     Jun 10, 2009
  9. Really, it's tiring with all these "the sky is falling" posts. The market continues to push to new highs. It's good to be vigilant, but let's be a bit serious now.

#19     Jun 10, 2009
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Of course when have a printing press you can do just about anything you want including propping up the entire economy and global financial system to make believe the worst is behind when in fact it's just the beginning.

#20     Jun 10, 2009