If this is the Month That Faith Is Lost In Obama, Markets Crater

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, May 26, 2009.

1. Time/Date stamp it.

May 26, 2009

I think this will be the month where everything spirals out of control. There will be a rush into the dollar and U.S. Treasuries from all over the world.

Once this happens, there's no easy way to reel it in, and no amount of jawboning, even eloquent jawboning, will restore the faith.

Cash is king.

It really is SHTF time. Buckle up, buttercups.

* We are well on our way to a global depression. Dollar will hold up well, commodities will tank (there is an OPEC meeting where they are trying cut supplies because of a glut - and Rio Tinto just cut iron ore prices 33%). Unemployment rate in Western nations will exceed 13% w/in 9 months. Places like Ireland and Eastern Europe will see 20%+ unemployment.

See you all on the other side of the mountain.

2. S&P 500 will be up a minimum of 1.5% today.:D

3. Mvic

Mvic

4. Too conservative. Might be up 2.5% today.:D :D :D

5. Mvic

Mvic

Buying SRS at 21.25 (will add at 20)
    Stop 19
    Target 30 by the end of June.

6. have you ever heard the saying that the market climbs a wall of worry? you might be maintaining that wall.

7. I love it.

Volatility is finally starting to pick up. It's been a while.

8. ARD45

ARD45

I strongly disagree. People can't think for themselves these days. The right choice of words and enthusiasm will be enough to lead people on for years, especially since it's so easy for the administration to blame Bush for everything.

However, I do agree that if the masses DO lose confidence in Obama, then things could get ugly.

#10     May 26, 2009