If this is the future of the USA, where would you choose to live?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MohdSalleh, Sep 27, 2010.

1. pak

pak

I would move to New Jersey because of the clean air and Beautiful girls...

#31     Oct 9, 2010
  2. mokwit

mokwit

Re: If this is the future of the USA, where would you choose to live?

Lobbyland.

#32     Oct 9, 2010
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

VERY well said! I also agree, Chicago is the place to be poised for financial business transactions going forward. Don't think Main Street is willing to forgive Wall Street for the credit disaster for decades. By that time, Chicago will be the superpower.

As far as Texas, by far my favorite no bullshit, work hard and get paid kind of State! TONS of things to do and see in Texas. I lived in Brownsville as a kid when my Dad got transfered there for 1 yr as he worked as a Chemical Engineer. Bad illegal immigration and crime problem that far south now... Sad.

I worked for a Wealth Management firm based out of Dallas, and was there every month for years up until two years ago. Got to go to some of the coolest places to shoot pistols, the best food I've ever had is there (now, I still love a good NY Pizza! YUM!), the people there are common sense, no bullshit types (except for Austin which is what the folks in Dallas called the "San Francisco" of Texas. Lol)

The CFO of the Firm lived an hour outside of Dallas, and had a ranch with horses, and no neighbors. Lol

My Wife and I would fly to Corpus Christi over the weekend, and drive down to South Padre Island. What fun that always was! The only problem is when you are in South Padre Island in August, don't EVER try to walk to the beach bare footed from your room! OUCH!!!!! HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol!

We live in the south east, but as soon as our Sons graduate High School, we're looking to move to Texas. I CANNOT wait!:)

Last, a person from New York was in Texas and met a Texas Ranger. The New Yorker asked, "geez! Why you carrying a 1911 .45 pistol?" The Ranger said, "they don't make a .46.":D

God bless Texas!:)

#33     Oct 9, 2010
  4. Humpy

Humpy

My own tropical island and out of the hands of ever greedy taxmen.

In a nudist colony with free room and board for the pretty girls

#34     Oct 9, 2010
  5. mokwit

mokwit

Somebody has already suggested Thailand.

#35     Oct 9, 2010
  6. #36     Oct 10, 2010
  7. Bulgaria is the "next Switzerland". Beautiful landscape. Mountains, rivers. Hunting and fishing is allowed in most of the places. Bulgarian Properties are cheap now and Bulgaria has joined the EU.

Switzerland is the most beautiful country.

#37     Oct 10, 2010
  8. mokwit

mokwit

............trains run on time, clean streets, clear property title laws, no corruption, high quality infrastructure, considerate drivers, no pollution legacy etc etc in Bulgaria

Yep, everything is there for a comparison with Switzerland.

#38     Oct 10, 2010

9. Yeah, like Texas would ever let itself be a part of Mexico now. They'd have to kill everyone there.

#39     Oct 10, 2010
  10. The power of USA lies in its U ( united) ... enemies our eyeing on its split and creating such images.
    I think this Russian prof should spend his time trying to re-unite USSR he will win nobel prize for doing this.

Creating such Threads based on splitting USA should be closed ASAP.

God Bless America.

#40     Oct 10, 2010