If this is Armageddon why are Chinese stocks only 12% off this year's highs?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Daal, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Why is QQQ the only game in town, and nothing else matters? You make us sleep this weekend with such sorrow without telling us why you know what your wisdom tells you to be true.

#31     Mar 20, 2020
    themickey likes this.
  2. dozu888

dozu888

couple of days ago I made a post about the alpha and beta on the QQQ... look it up.... the strength is obvious.

#32     Mar 20, 2020
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Oh, I must have missed the equally-related drops in the SPY and NDX. We're so far down in a hole of crap, I should have thought that the QQQ/NDX would have been a better choice than the SPY. My bad.

I guess I should have mortgaged my house on QQQ instead of SPY, since QQQ went down .4 percent less than SPY. Frak! I'll never figure this stuff out!

#33     Mar 20, 2020
  4. trader99

trader99

Don't tell you are still long some MNQ from the ATH? You've gotten out by now I hope or even a long time ago right?

#34     Mar 20, 2020
    FriskyCat likes this.
  5. dozu888

dozu888

what .4%

it's about 5% less no? that's a huge alpha considering how much fast it's been rising since 2016.

#35     Mar 20, 2020
  6. Overnight

Overnight

I posted in some other thread recently that I got out of those positions last week at a very uuuuge loss. Painful. But as I said there and I say here again, I am glad I got out then and not at the very very bottom, so I preserved some capital. The loss was truly the suck, just like Q4 2018 mess. Grrr.

As for what is going on between Dozu and I...Mreh, it's just a thing, heh.

#36     Mar 20, 2020
    trader99 likes this.
  7. FriskyCat

FriskyCat

Might I suggest a run for Congress? Then you can't have perfectly timed trades as well.

#37     Mar 20, 2020
  8. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

I wouldn't necessarily say that it's superior, but they're structured very differently. QQQ is heavily weighted towards large cap tech stocks, and SPY is more diversified. This has allowed QQQ to outperform SPY by about 5% annually for the past decade. Check out their holdings for a better understanding of how they're structured.

#38     Mar 20, 2020
  9. Overnight

Overnight

You know, I actually believed Loeefler or whatever her name is when she spoke about her account being managed by a 3rd-party. Hell, my broker has something like that. Is she culpable? I do not know. It will all suss out in the coming weeks I am sure.

#39     Mar 20, 2020
  10. trader99

trader99

Good for you! Cutting losses is the MOST important principle in trading! I'm not much of a swing trader. I'm just good at daytrading. You got some balls doing swing trading in this environment.

Made $2762.58. Grateful that I finally learned to trade after spending thousands of hours & many heartaches and losses on it. In the past, I would totally BLOW UP my trading account in this environment.

#40     Mar 20, 2020