If this is Armageddon why are Chinese stocks only 12% off this year's highs?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Daal, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Daal

Daal

Anyone can explain?

MKTrader and murray t turtle like this.
  2. gaussian

gaussian

3. comagnum

comagnum

Some countries economies are in better shape. Foreign $ is leaving the U.S. after the rate cuts which was guaranteed to happen - you can thank Trump for the sell off after the rate cuts.

We are the largest debtor nation in history. Last week the Fed committed to inflating the massive debt bubble significantly larger.

We export our labor & import loans just to keep the lights turned on. You can't grow an economy forever which depends on the expansion of debt to infinity.

The Nikkei has been holding up well this week & has much better liquidity.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  4. %%
    WELL part of it is the chicoms limit downside in quite a few ways+ fairly open about that.[A less likely reason =their Panda bear loans to US zoos are paying off well.LOL]:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

5. Daal

Daal

6. It's almost as if the CCP war-gamed the impact of a release of a highly infectious, asymptomatic virus on the US economy. Almost as if they had done that.

gaussian likes this.
  7. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

It's less armageddon as it is fingermageddon, or even knucklemageddon.

Plain and simple.

They and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  8. Plausible deniability. This is some geopolitical endgame type shit bro.

As for the OP. The Russell 2000 is down 40.62% in 4 weeks time.

That's the US smallcap index. The small caps sell off going into a recession.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  9. IMO there's a reason Pompeo also called it the Chinese virus. They have been signalling this for days.

Another weird thing.. I've noticed Chinese people in my area who have never been there at that time of day/week. I walk my dog multiple times a day for years in this area so I am pretty comfortable with the flow of people.

But... Some very... I want to say... smart looking Chinese people have been coming by recently. Very confident looking. Leader types.

Probably nothing.

Maybe?

tommcginnis likes this.
  10. tsfx

tsfx

So you are saying that Japan is better at its mounting debt and monetary policy? I thought they were the worst

#10     Mar 20, 2020