"If there were no God, there would be no atheists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Dec 4, 2009.

1. If you agree that many things are beyond a fish's comprehension then perhaps you agree that many things are beyond a human's comprehension. For many people, ascertaining what we can't comprehend is attributed to God. For others .................................:confused:

#21     Dec 5, 2009
  2. Enter Occam with his trusty gelding knife.

#22     Dec 5, 2009
  3. Any arguments regarding fish come down to a matter of scale.

#23     Dec 5, 2009
  4. Matthew 7:21 (New International Version)

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

I was a Christian until I realized there is no way to find out what is "His will". Since I am going to hell for sure, I might as well have some fun.

#24     Dec 5, 2009
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

:D :cool:

#25     Dec 5, 2009
  6. Here's another thing that puzzles me about religion. Let's make the giant leap of faith necessary to even contemplate the existence of a creator. That done, why on earth should we worship him? Let's face it, whatever religion you look at, god is a total fucking wanker. Check out the Old Testament or the Koran - any "supreme being" spouting the shit you read there is not worthy of worship, rather contempt and (if one had the power) death for their barbaric actions.

Have any of you heard of a book called "The Damage Done" by Warren Fellows? He was a heroin smuggler who spent a long time in jail in Thailand after getting caught. His book describes some of the pretty disgusting things that him and other inmates saw or experienced: being made to stand for hours neck high in a shit-filled cesspit; regular prisoner beatings, mock executions, rapes and murders by both guards and inmates; summary execution of innocent people after prison riots; farmers who took their pigs to the local prison once a month - not for food, but for the prisoners to have sex with for a cost of about $1 per fuck. Yes, that's actual pigs as in the animals, not ugly women.

After spending over 10 years in these 3rd world hellholes, Fellows was met by a couple of Christian missionaries from the USA. In return for regular visits, chats, and food, he was asked to read the bible, which he did. So, what did this hardened criminal and 3rd world prison inmate think of the holy scripture? Bear in mind he had not seen freedom or even a square meal for over 10 years - practically *any* book would be a welcome relief compared to what he went through. Well, his reaction to the bible was this: "I found it to be a very violent, bloodthirsty book."

LOL

#26     Dec 9, 2009
  7. Hi, I'd like to introduce myself ,
    I'm an ex-monk and evidently MASSIVELY ARROGANT.

#27     Dec 9, 2009
  8. Man, please... Source of new viruses ?

Thank you to make me realize this... If there was no God, I promise you that you will have no right... The core of your problem is that you think you are smart...

#28     Dec 9, 2009
  9. You see folks this is the deal.

Atheists (or whatever they want to call themselves) like kut2, kill , stu and the myriad of others out there.

1)Pretend science somehow invalidates the existence of God.

2) Pretend that no evidence exists that proves God exists.

3) Apparently only accept only information gleaned through rigorous peer reviewed scientific method.

I'll give them slack on 1 because it's impossible to prove a negative.

2A) Of course this is where they just fall all apart, give ridiculous answers, red herring diversionary tactics, go into attack mode or otherwise attempt to change the subject.

They pretend to worship at the feet of the scientific method but run away like vampires to sunlight at the thought of actually designing the conditions that would actually refute their hypothesis that "there is no God" on at least a personal experiential level.

This is highly inconsistent or shall we say egregiously hypocritical because one of the central tenets of the scientific method is to attempt to invalidate your own hypothesis.

They absolutely either cannot or will not define the conditions under which they would change their belief or nonbelief or whatever semantic games they want to play.

I contend this is simply because they have too much personal identity at stake in the matter .

The really strident ones invariably have anger issues as the root cause such as:
    mommy & daddy issues
    anger at previous encounters with believers.
    anger at church not condoning their desired behavior Homosexuals
    rejection of authority etc etc

3A) Of course we know this is complete bullshit because of their other belief systems on politics,economics, and other domestic and cultural attitudes.

#29     Dec 9, 2009
  10. stu

stu

• <s>GOD CREATED</s> THE UNIVERSE
      <s>GOD</s> JUST EXISTS

Occam's Razor

Available any time critical thinking is in your area.

anti BS shaving cream obtainable too.

#30     Dec 9, 2009