If there is no inflation, why is gold/silver expected to rise 10% by next year?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, May 23, 2010.

1. Consider yourself part of the ignorant.

A couple notes for your "bold" proclamations:

Genetic manipulation and it's use in medicine (from birth to grave).

Dark energy, fision, cold fusion, and increased efficiency in natgas.

A major world war.

Government spending, complete global financial overhaul, messiah in it's biggest form.

Don't read professional journals much do ya?

Also, with an alias created in May 10, you are pretty well versed in what you think ET consists of, LOL!

I think the definition of "ignorant" is presented.

:)

#11     May 24, 2010
  2. Do you prefer an easily manipulated printing press instead for your source of a store of value?

Ever read up on the history of fiat? Never ends well.

There are some things that mankind got right the first time around.

#12     May 24, 2010
  3. whatever you shaved ape.

#13     May 24, 2010
  4. TGregg

TGregg

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen! The towering ultimate argument for ever rising gold prices. How can you resist this inspirational message of hope, compassion and intelligence? Why, there can be no doubt about the future direction of gold if the super intellects like the above support it:

Straight into the toilet. Flush!

#14     May 25, 2010
  5. sumfuka

sumfuka

That's also the reason why it's heading to the moon. yee haw~~

#15     May 25, 2010
  6. So you believe that a debt based monetary system that needs to constantly expand, or it will collapse, irrespective of the productive ability to service it, is a safer bet?

Be my guest... the world needs bagholders, you know?

#16     May 25, 2010
  7. Gold has never gone to zero as an item of value. Fiat money has, time and time again. You give me your gold, I will give you worthless paper. Good for me, bad for you.

You put a 20 dollar bill into a time capsule for 40 years and I will put 1 oz of silver in the same capsule. Lets see who can buy more in 40 years.

A silver dollar (about 1 oz of silver) would buy you 7 burgers and 7 cokes 40 years ago.

1 dollar today will not even buy you 1 coke(you might be able to get a small burger from the dollar menu). But 1 oz of silver will still buy you 7 burgers & 7 cokes today.

With paper money, you are FORCED to invest it and get a certain return, or you will lose the value. By forcing to invest, you have to RISK your money or you are guaranteed to lose value in it year after year. If you are busy and work alot and dont have time to manage your investments, you have to give the money to someone else to invest who will then take a percentage off the top and further have to put more risk into your investment to generate a higher return. Saving money in gold & silver is safer. If we have inflation, you can still buy the same things. If we have deflation, you can still buy the same things.

#17     May 25, 2010
  8. NumLock

NumLock

Oh don't waste your breath

people on ET are either shills or morons, one of the two
    find yourself people on your intellectual level to talk to

#18     May 25, 2010
  9. jprad

jprad

#19     May 25, 2010
  10. jprad

jprad