If There Are 56 Oranges and Eight Slaves, How Many Would Each Slave Pick?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Good ole Geogia, home of the resurgence of the birthers, Sean Hannity, Newt Gingrich, and......Lucrum:D

Gwinnett is also I do believe the original place of the Rise of the Newt:)

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/school-district-launches-hr-investigation-controve/nGJfJ/

Gwinnett County Schools says it has launched a full 'human resources investigation' into all teachers involved with some controversial math homework questions that talked about slavery and beatings.

Since Channel 2's Kerry Kavanaugh first reported the story on Friday, it has gained a lot of national attention, including from the NAACP of Georgia, who is calling for the teacher who wrote the questions to be fired.

2. I read about that,that is truly disgusting :mad:

3. Only in the South bruh, only in the South:D

Can't embed this, and youtube has a content warning.

http://youtu.be/FnhKpdgHSO8

And one wonders why Hank called Obama hitler. What is beautiful is that the GOP is in so much disarray that this wing of the party is sinking them. I love it:D

4. Mercor

Mercor

I have no doubt that the folks behind this are public union democratic teachers and administrators. Proud members of (AFT) - American Federation of Teachers.

Institutional racism runs deep in the history of Southern Democrats.

5. Indeed, except today....in 2012, those Dixiecrats are now proud members of the GOP, please check Georgia's voting record if there is any doubt.

6. Mercor

Mercor

The Southern Racist Democrats who hosed down "negros" trying to eat at the local deli is not the same person as today's Southern Republican.

The proof is where African Americans are deciding to live. In the 50's and 60's they were leaving the racist Democratic Jim Crow, separate but equal South.
    But they ended up in Democratic controlled urban cities. Segregated in an almost separate but equal environment, with horrible public schools and abusive or indifferent city police and cutout of economic opportunities

It looks like Blacks are moving back to the new Republican south because there are not encountering the institutional racism that seems to follow entrenched Democratic policies

"The South scored net gains of black migrants from all three of the other regions of the U.S. during the late 1990s, reversing a 35-year trend. Of the 10 states that suffered the greatest net loss of blacks between 1965 and 1970, five ranked among the top 10 states for attracting blacks between 1995 and 2000."

Southern metropolitan areas, particularly Atlanta, led the way in attracting black migrants in the late 1990s. In contrast, the major metropolitan areas of New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco experienced the greatest out-migration of blacks during the same period.

Among migrants from the Northeast, Midwest, and West regions, blacks were more likely than whites to select destinations in the South. Atlanta and Washington, D.C. were the top destinations for black migrants from all three regions; white migrants moved to a broader set of areas including Miami, Phoenix, and Los Angeles.

College-educated individuals lead the new migration into the South. The "brain gain" states of Georgia, Texas, and Maryland attracted the most black college graduates from 1995 to 2000, while New York suffered the largest net loss.

7. As few as possible.

8. Fort Benning which is home of the Armor AND Infantry branches of the U.S. Army.

P.S. those responsible for the "math problems" should be fired. But they don't make the whole state suck.

9. Ricter

Ricter

I have a personal admission to make. I thought that Chicago (?) high school mathematics exam thing from years ago was funny.

"If Larry has an 11 round clip for his nine, and three drive-bys to do tonight, how many..."

*sheepishgrin*

10. pspr

pspr

What's so hard about that question? The answer is 7, obviously. Enough said. :cool:

#10     Jan 10, 2012