If The U.S. Is Printing Massive Amounts of Money...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 22, 2008.

1. But people and businesses aren't spending money.

Consumers are reigning in spending and even credit (paying down debt or refusing to take on more).

Businesses are shoring up balance sheets by reducing inventories, laying off workers, and cutting dividends.

So, cash is being hoarded, even though more cash is being pumped into the system (M2 is being expanded), it's not circulating...

#11     Oct 22, 2008
  2. Economics do not care what country it is. If you follow the same steps with the same policy, only a fool would expect different results. Such results in retrospect are rejected by those who fail to learn from history.

#12     Oct 22, 2008
  3. It takes time for these liquidity efforts to work. Obviously it would do more damage to restrict the money supply even if the fed's actions don't seem to be working now.

#13     Oct 22, 2008
  4. You are winner #2 today into the ignore pit. How the opposite sex must love someone like you who repels them through ignorance and repugnance. And yes, my common sense RULES, asswiper. Feel free to reply, since you are now ignored, and you must enjoy writing to yourself, given your sexual rejection. Enjoy your greasy toys.

Didn't take you long to land in the iggy pit after joining! Or should I say, after you signed up another alias. Return when you grow up and get off the simulator. Bye. :D

#14     Oct 22, 2008
  5. There's plenty of money being spent. I don't say this as an elitist but as a realist/trader-throw the underclass out of your assumptions. They don't matter. Marketwise at least. Every week the U.S. is FILLED with d-bags like Larry Johnson getting paid a ton of money. As inventories decrease after prolonged production cuts, as assets are puked on lows and as participants de-leverage and finish chasing cash that sidelined currency will then re-emerge dedicated to purchasing essential goods and services. At that point inflation will grab hold.

Keep in mind one out of eight Americans work for the government. Any of those folks worried about their next paycheck? Doubtful....

#15     Oct 22, 2008
  6. Come on stock, how can you possibly say the u.s. Is not in a slowdown? Retail sales were down the largest amount in 3 years last month! Why do you continue to try and argue this point? Honestly there is no compelling reason to BUY anything at the moment. Dip buyers are not solvent anymore. We actually need shorts to start covering to get a rally going, but why cover more than a fraction on a daily basis. I wasn't around in the '70's, but I have a pretty good feeling we are going to relive those happy times.

#16     Oct 22, 2008
  7. You have 9 kids and do not have time to watch tv or read a book but you find time to post here several times (14 posts per day) even during market hours. Any of your 9 kids in college and taking out welfare loans (student loans) ?

#17     Oct 22, 2008
  8. Klamath

Klamath

So what are ways to play this?

#18     Oct 22, 2008
  9. we are currently in a deflationary environment that won't last.
    inflation is going to be a serious problem in the future.

#19     Oct 22, 2008
  10. i got banned, so i created this id to ask TGregg why i was banned, i sent him a pm hours ago, but i didn't receive anything

but since he did not reply, i'll state why i was banned; most people in this world are patriots, they can not stand the truth regarding their country, because they can not get over the fact that their country is not the best, this is even true in the cheapest countries, when you live there it's so obvious to you how fucked up the country is, and you are like how come they can't see it, and even when they do see a problem they blame it on another country, I have seen this pattern in all countries I have lived in, this doesn't mean patriotism is bad or good, it just means there is a price to pay for each and every emotional attachment

anyhow main reason i am posting this is because the moderator not only banned me but deleted my post, so I am trying to resurrect the deleted post. GermanTrader! you already gave your pathetic reply on this, but you can still make a fool out of yourself by replying to it again

I'm not gonna come back to this forum, ever, no not even with a different handle, so screw you all for all i care

---------

you find it wonderful, don't you, ah, good for you, little girl

and your views are so inline with common sense

including your very intelligent view of how the patriot act and similar laws are supportive of a citizens rights, and how america is the best country specially in terms of rights and freedom

people of third world countries have the same common view as yours, and so much in common with you, in fact they are so patriotic, they can not stand a person denying the fact that their country is the best

-----

and my other post in response to the main question was;

first there will be deflation then rapid inflation

it's like holding back your emotions, eventually you have to let go, and when you do, it'll be ugly

#20     Oct 22, 2008