If The U.S. Is Printing Massive Amounts of Money...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 22, 2008.

1. ...yet banks and financial institutions are hoarding cash...

...and individuals fortunate enough to be liquid are hoarding the 'older' cash that they have saved...

...what is the end result in terms of inflation or deflation or stagflation, why, and when?

Increased money supply + reduced consumption + reduced circulation of money between consumers and businesses and b2b = ?

2. Increased money supply will lead to increased consumption. There is no compelling evidence the US and global consumer is slowing down.

3. Any overproduction of currency results in inflation. Whenever something of precious value becomes more numerous, the value declines since each one is worth less than when it was more scarce. Supply and demand.

Fords, gold, currency or macadamia nuts, same result.

4. Mecro

Mecro

You know, I am amazed that you are able to dress yourself in the morning without having a suffocation accident, let alone not get hit by that short yellow bus you keep trying to catch.
    I've heard of guardian angels, but did not know they had a Down Syndrome version.

5. Thanks, I only see stocky's words in others' replies to him. Although his views are inverse to common sense and his tips relative to Cramer, I am sure the view from his minimum-security mental house must be nice if he can pick up the wifi signal from the Tully's across the street. Where does he hide that laptop during bedcheck???

Ignore is wonderful.

6. was that intended to be a joke? 3p1c f41L

7. Mecro

Mecro

That's Germany post WWI. Everyone was scared to spend yet money was being printed hand over fist. When the gates busted loose, it was hyperinflation.

8. Mecro

Mecro

LOL that's what your dad said to your mom at your birth.

9. Aha!

Good answer. But how do I or we know that this will be the outcome 'this time?'

A serious question.

Anyone?

10. Um but globally inflation is falling. In a deflationary situation the fed's job is to print money.

#10     Oct 22, 2008