If the president ordered you to round up Muslim Americans would you obey the orders?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, May 13, 2006.

Would you follow orders to put Muslim Americans into Detention camps

1. yes

19 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. no

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  1. how many people were willing to put muslims into camps after 911? Alot of americans wanted to. If suicide bombings occur, and you have buses exploding, kids dying in buses. I have no doubt americans will start rounding up muslims and putting them into camps. Of course the they wont be called prisons, or concentration camps, the bush admin will call them protection camps. Except the guns are pointed inward, and you are shot when you leave. When things get tought in america, the american people become animals.

#21     May 14, 2006
  2. jem

jem

I guess it depends on your perspective. We in the U.S. will be vigiliant and fierce in protecting our society. Just like in trading you have rules but you have to know when to break them.

We have very strong constitutional protections. Which frequenlty protect small groups. But the citizens of our country understand the will of the majority sometimes will overide those protections. Your minority group starts to get out of hand, and you will be slapped down by the will of the people.

Americans sense of justice will not be denied. You mahrahm in Canada may feel you have nothing worth protecting up there. No sense of being a people or being a culture. perhaps you will role over for suicide bombings.

We will not.

#22     May 14, 2006
  3. so jem from your perspective the nazi's had the absolute right to execute the jews,gays, and other undersirable b/c they threatened the harmony and the existence of the german people right? And the khmer rouge and pol pot had the right to kill every intellectual and other non belieavers b/c they in their opinion were as dangerous as any terriost? So I ask you this, the united states should in their right release all nazi so called murders and set a apology to the nazi's b/c they were only protecting their society.

#23     May 14, 2006
  4. Mind you, Japanese Americans did have kinsmenship and undeniable ancestry to the bastards that raised their cowardly yet deadly battle flag to America.

Who can be so confident to say that all the nationalized Japanese held loyalties contrary and against their old HOMELAND?

The true crime IMO was born out from the drawn out processing and the living conditions of those guilty of only living and working here.

As ugly as ethnic profiling can be, it sure does assist in getting the bad guys weeded out of the heard.

Never has made much sense to check the shoes of an eighty yr old woman boarding a plane - to me at least - grab the young guys with the turbans and stupid beard in sandals.

Guess that makes me a yankee redneck. :D

#24     May 14, 2006
  5. reg

reg

Who's more of an animal - the suicide bomber exploding buses and killing kids inside those buses, or the person rounding up muslims in the name of national security?
    Interestingly, suicide bombings (via airplanes) have already been inflicted on this country. Rounding up of Muslims and putting them in "protection camps" however has not yet occurred.

In answer to your poll, I would be happy to have you rounded up and shipped back to Iran via cargo ship and shoulder all expenses for this trip. Just let me know when.

#25     May 14, 2006
  6. jem

jem

Was there any question the nazi card would be pulled? Unfortunately the large majority of liberals love to play that card without thinking. .

They have knee jerk reactions and do not understand that sometimes things are different. In my scenario the people were and are the ones sticking up for their society. There are myraid ways that scenario does not have to lead or be nazism.

#26     May 14, 2006
  7. I'm not saying that a grown man dating a 16 year old girl is a psychologically healthy situation... but it's not pedophilia.
    Your comment can be taken as an insult to actual victims of real pedophiles.

Oh, and BTW, I think the poll was tampered with. It started out with an overwhelming majority of 'NO' votes.

#27     May 15, 2006
  8. g222

g222

No ... I think I'd have to see islamic terrorists take out the Golden Gate, Bay and Brooklyn bridges; alter the skylines of LA, SF, Chicago, Philly, Pitt, Boston, NYC and Boone, Iowa; and pull the pins on dirty bombs in the 50 most populated areas in the US before I'd ever consider so drastic a move as rounding up muslims in this country and putting them into camps. How un-American ... how anti-Constitutional ... how treasonous it would be of me to put concern for the safety of my infadelic family, friends and neighbors ahead of the civil rights of these ... these ...
    those ............. n-i-c-e, k-i-n-d-l-y, p-e-a-c-e-f-u-l #@&%ing p-e-o-p-l-e ...........

#28     May 15, 2006