If the Marines are indicted should they be sent the Hague for War crimes?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, May 28, 2006.

Should the marines be sent to the hague for war crimes?

1. yes

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. no

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  1. I agree. We are governed by our own laws only because we can successfully defend ourselves from any other nation who would seek to impose its law upon us.

Way of the world since civilization began.

#81     May 30, 2006
  2. here goes the wael issue again!! where about do you live in the u.s.? does anyone live in san antonio? is there anyone, anyone in a mood for a good cool beer and interested in looking at my i.d. (provided personal information is kept secret)?
    beer is on me...i could be sent a privet message and i will hook up with that person.
    dddd? mr. metal? would you like to take me for my offer.

#82     May 30, 2006
  3. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Wow, another one of your Anglo-loathing rants wrapped in turd chunks. You just can’t see beyond race, can you? Let me guess: You support the troops but you don’t support the mission. Edit: you support black and hispanic troops but not the mission. Be selective with your races all you want: if you don’t support the mission, you don’t support the troops. Period. “I support the troops! Bring them home!” Lol. What the f*ck does that mean? It’s stupid. They come home either because they achieved the mission, or the enemy defeated them. So what is it? Do you want them to achieve the mission, or do you want their asses kicked?

The only people turning their backs on wounded soldiers are those who don’t support what they are risking their lives for. The only people turning their backs on enlisted men and women in Iraq are those who sh*t on the Iraq mission and fan the flames of military incidents as a means to debunk the mission. You don’t even know what the mission is, do you? You don’t even care because you want our asses kicked.
    Read my post again. I said I’m expecting the worst, but I would like to see everything finalized by the military because, unlike you, I’m interested in the context. This incident should be dealt with internally by the military, so they can solve internal military problems and adapt to the enemy’s tactics, without this ridiculous public circus designed to invalidate the mission. When everyone else is involved, before the military can figure out what the hell happened, it becomes a circus of prejudice, like Abu Gharab –like the O.J. Simpson trial.

They should be dealt with internally by the military and not by anyone else. You forget that soldiers are given license to kill people in order to achieve their mission. That’s their job. That is what war is all about and that is the job of the military. The idea that they should be used as political tools by people like Murtha as a means to reduce support for the mission is irresponsible. The idea that they should be disciplined internationally, or by our civil courts is utterly absurd. You can never apply civil law to war. It’s an insane concept.

So what if they did hide the evidence? Should that negate the whole mission? Should Abu Ghraib negate the utility of the Iraq mission? I fail to see what you are trying to prove other than aid and abet the Cut and Run Movement that kills the mission and leaves Iraq in chaos, leading to far more deaths with a civil war in the balance and a resource-rich country up-for-grabs by the Islamofacists.

Guess what? America, the Brits, and the rest of the coalition deserve the moral high ground. We are the ones supporting a free and stable Iraq with a growing economy, immune from the cancer of Islamic totalitarianism. That’s the mission.

I know, I know. We Anglo-Saxon Westerners want to keep our foot on the heads of all brown people in the world; steal their resources; take their land; rape their women, kill their children, and so forth. I guess both your mommy and your schoolteacher taught you how to be a self-loathing racist as well.

#83     May 30, 2006
    #84     May 30, 2006
  5. you certenly have a history of doing so...to yourselves and others.

#85     May 31, 2006
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Yes, they should be tried and jailed.

At the Hauge? No.

If they're convicted, life sentances. Tried and served in the US.

#86     May 31, 2006
  7. for the my lai masscre, only 1 person was convicted, and he got 3 years in prison. do you really think, even these guys confessed, they would even serve a quarter of thier prison terms. I dont think so. it would be too poltically hard for the president to incarcerate a marine for war crimes. And for his peers.

#87     May 31, 2006
  8. incarcerating these killers would be, in itself, an acknowledgment by the u.s. that war crimes took place.
    they ain't going to do it...they are going to push it under the rug...as always.

#88     May 31, 2006
  9. hey for mylai only one man was charged and he got 3 years for killing over 400 people.

#89     Jun 1, 2006