If the Marines are indicted should they be sent the Hague for War crimes?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, May 28, 2006.

Should the marines be sent to the hague for war crimes?

1. yes

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. no

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  1. let me guess, you call yourself a "Christian," too.

there have been many horrible things said on ET, but this one may be the most despicable yet.

you should be ashamed of yourself for advocating such a thing, even in jest.

#41     May 30, 2006
  2. dr.zhi this is why I state the marines should be sent to the hague. People here keep saying it was no my lai. But these marines tortured, killed, possibly raped these children. They just didnt kill they executed. They killed 24 people, that we know of. But thanks to coverup by the marines and leadership, we wont know. You keep saying honour, but would honourable men do this. Would hounourable men in leadership and at the camp commit a coverup of a war crime. People at the camp knew, everybody knew. but nobody spoke up. Not till video surfaced up that broke there coverup. The investigation is essentially over, b/c the men had turn on each other all wanting to make deals. How can you morally defend these people. You are defending people covering up war crimes. And any group of people who didnt speak up, and tell the authorities do not deserve my respect. Would you respect anybody that would coverup the murder of a little girl. Not just a murder, an execution, a bullet in her head. Not even in her head, a bullet that blew up her head. That means it was point blank range.

Lance Cpl. Ryan Briones told the Los Angeles Times that he took pictures of at least 15 bodies and is still haunted by the memory of picking up a young girl who was shot in the head. (Full story)

"I held her out like this," he said, demonstrating with his arms extended, "but her head was bobbing up and down and the insides fell on my legs."

Briones' mother, Susie Briones, told CNN her son is now suffering from post-traumatic stress.

"It was horrific," she said. "It was a terrible scene. The biggest thing that comes to his mind is the children.

"Since he was part of the cleanup crew, he had to carry that little girl's body, and her head was blown off," she said. "Her brains splattered on his boots. And that is what affected Brian the most."
    http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/05/29/marines.haditha/

#42     May 30, 2006
  3. Hey I think the US should be very aggressive in wiping out our enemy. If you think the Muslim world is so great perhaps you should move there. When they put you in that orange jumpsuit and you are waiting to be beheaded maybe your views on this matter would change. These people we are fighting are less than human.....Yes they should be wiped off the map.

#43     May 30, 2006
  4. You're a big fan of the Muslim World are you? Maybe you should take a vacation there.......Don't forget to send me a postcard.

PS: I'll bet you'd look great in orange. :D

#44     May 30, 2006
  5. snow

snow

load the boat

You are an idiot , a rascist and a xenophobe . Yout continued display of ignorance is mindblowing...

I'd like to see it from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up my ass.

#45     May 30, 2006
  6. so you agreed that this was ok. killing of babies and little girls. In fact this was so heinous, things that they saw that day was so terrible, it gave all the men who had to clean it up post tramatic stress disorders, and attempts at suicide.

Lance Cpl. Ryan Briones told the Los Angeles Times that he took pictures of at least 15 bodies and is still haunted by the memory of picking up a young girl who was shot in the head. (Full story)

"I held her out like this," he said, demonstrating with his arms extended, "but her head was bobbing up and down and the insides fell on my legs."

Briones' mother, Susie Briones, told CNN her son is now suffering from post-traumatic stress.

"It was horrific," she said. "It was a terrible scene. The biggest thing that comes to his mind is the children.

"Since he was part of the cleanup crew, he had to carry that little girl's body, and her head was blown off," she said. "Her brains splattered on his boots. And that is what affected Brian the most."
    http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/m...arines.haditha/

#46     May 30, 2006
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

I agree ..I for one would love a stab at this fucker.. id feed him to the illegals on 8th street...:D

#47     May 30, 2006
  8. mahram,

Every branch of the military is essentially a microcosm of the society they serve. Within it's ranks, there is representation from nearly every demographic. Much like the existence of unprofessional and weak doctors, policemen, businessmen, etc., so exists the same among soldiers.

Given the conditions and circumstances in Iraq, it surprises noone here that moments of weakness and a breakdown in discipline results in incidences such as Abu Graib and Haditha. It has happened in every armed conflict within every army since man has known warfare. It will happen again.

Anyone that has experience and/or knowledge of military issues and warfare will tell you that issues such as this will be resolved. It won't happen in the manner and for the reasons that you, I, or anyone else believe that it should. It will be handled in the manner and for the reasons that it has always been, and shall always be, as it relates to the military code of conduct: the preservation of discipline.

That reason alone supercedes all, including the lives of women and children. When this incident is handled through the chain of command under the authority of military justice, it's the reason why those involved will never be handed over to the Hague. It's for that reason that all other opinions and points of view about the incidents are irrelevant; including and especially yours. If you don't understand what and why that is, then you never will unless you pick up a weapon and take the oath to serve.

#48     May 30, 2006
  9. and that is why there are international laws put in place. as it applies to every combatant in every war, it should apply to american soldiers implicated in such crimes.
    you want to avoid being a hypocrite? ship these soldiers, along with their commanders, wearing orange suites, to the hague.

#49     May 30, 2006
  10. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

I don’t see anything applied to the Islamists who first throw bombs and then hide behind children when the coalition fights back.

#50     May 30, 2006