If the House and Senate change hands will we get some Impeachment Hearings?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Sep 8, 2010.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

2. cstfx

cstfx

no, impeachment hearings are a useless exercise and will only end up costing you in the long run.

Not worth the effort especially in the current environment.

3. I'm no fan of Obama, but I'm against any kind of impeachment hearings. In this country we have a presidential impeachment process that occurs every four years. It's called an "election." That's good enough for me.

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I see, it consumes political capital that could be used to recover the economy etc. Got it.

5. Probably not unless something emerges, but expect plenty of investigations, beginning with Eric Holder and the New Black Panthers.

Also, the birther issue could get some traction. I don't know why republicans and their commentators have been so afraid of it. There are many unanswered questions as to not only obama's actual birthplace, but also whether he was a dual citizen, did he apply to colleges as a foreign national, did he travel on a foreign passport, etc? Poke around enough in this and something embarrassing is bound to turn up.

6. I think the "birther" issue is going nowhere and is a complete waste of time. There's too much conflicting evidence giving everyone the opportunity to pick and choose what they want. It's time to move on. The "black panther" issue is going to be tough because members of the Bush-appointed AG's office took a pass on it. When Bush's people get paraded in front of congress saying there's no federal case, it's going to die a quick death unless there's new evidence.

More interesting is why Obama agreed to release his Harvard law school records, but not his undergraduate college records. McCain did, even though he finished near the bottom of his class. Kerry and Bush did, proving them both to be little better than average students. What's the big deal about Obama releasing his undergraduate academic records? What's he hiding?

7. +1000

8. Seriously.

Do you think the mighty GOP was so inept as to miss something so monumental as what the birthers suggest????

C'mon AAA.

9. I think the republican establishment was deathly afraid of saying anything too critical of obama. McCain actually fired staffers who called him a radical.

Things change. The Tea Party/Beck/Palin crowd that is energizing things now have no such fears.

I'm not saying they will turn up anything about his birth. I am saying if you dig deeply enough into all his background that has been hidden, something embarrassing will turn up. Like dual citizenship, traveling on a foreign passport or applying to a college as a foreign student.

10. Yannis

Yannis

Interesting Question, Let's All Think About It!

[​IMG]

:) :) :)

#10     Sep 9, 2010