If the govt didn't guarantee student loans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Apr 4, 2012.

1. G-Unit

G-Unit

How's so? You explain. I think your user name should be called: HOOVER TRADING

People in Europe like their free college and cheap health care. If you were there and told them otherwise, you'd end up at a Euro gov. sponsored hospital. Don't tell other people they shouldn't have it. That's their country and they do as they wish.

#21     Apr 8, 2012
  2. G-Unit

G-Unit

Isn't that what college is all about?

Universities do provide the majority of science research we have though.

#22     Apr 8, 2012
  3. Did you guys see, JP Morgan is out of the student loan business.

Perhaps full steam ahead for the gv't.

#23     Apr 8, 2012
  4. Dimon can say whatever reasons, could be true or not, plain bs or a response to fed policies, Imo, it will be the pps and market reaction whether this is a good thing or bad or maybe for the moment we won't know.

#24     Apr 8, 2012
  5. rew

rew

Note that you are basing your whole argument on inflation calculated using the 1980 method. By that measure nearly everybody in the private sector has seen his real income slashed over the past few decades. So if the rest of us have to suffer from substantial declines in real income why shouldn't the college professors and university administrators have to share the pain? The advocates of big government have been happy with the various gimmicks used in current inflation calculations in order to claim that inflation is low so government overspending and money printing isn't a problem. But suddenly when their big education ox is gored they want to revert to the 1980 method of calculating inflation.

#25     Apr 8, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh I meant to ask, are employed in any way by a college or university?

#26     Apr 8, 2012
  7. G-Unit

G-Unit

A lot of schools have had cuts to education recent years. I don't get why people still complain about them. There's been a ton of student protests over tuition hikes. A lot of us are still paying student loans. Just more of the deflect the blame on others for a bad economy if you ask me.

#27     Apr 8, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

Proof our education system has failed the student.

#28     Apr 8, 2012
  9. G-Unit

G-Unit

How is that? The U.S. still has a good college system. We should be putting more into education than taking out. Look at how much China and India has invested in their education system. Not only did they take our base manufacturing jobs but they've taken higher up tech and engineering jobs too.

#29     Apr 8, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Much of we're "putting into education" is wasted. Putting more, under the current system, is just more wasted.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zyswCDwe3uo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#30     Apr 8, 2012