If the government allow a spyware in every PC

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by harrytrader, Apr 30, 2003.

1. will you still think you are in a democracy ?

2. Clinical definition of Paranoid:

Paranoid [295.30]: Preoccupation with one or more delusions or frequent auditory hallucinations, and none of the following is prominent:
    Disorganized speech
    Disorganized or catatonic behavior
    Flat or inappropriate affect

and

Paranoia is an unfounded or exaggerated distrust of others, sometimes reaching delusional proportions. Paranoid individuals constantly suspect the motives of those around them, and believe that certain individuals, or people in general, are "out to get them."

Well, Harry does seem disorganized....

3. Hey guy look yourself into a mirror : see about Don Bright ...

And surely you posted BEFORE READING the other thread I posted since it is not paranoïa for it is A LAW THAT CAN PASS:

http://www.stoppoliceware.org/

WHAT IS THE CBDTPA?

The CBDTPA is a bill (S. 2048) proposed in Congress by Senators Fritz Hollings (D-SC) and Ted Stevens (R-Alaska), along with Senators Daniel Inouye (D-HI), John Breaux (D-LA), Bill Nelson (D-FL), and Dianne Feinstein (D-CA). The acronym stands for "Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act". Note that the CBDTPA was originally known as the "SSSCA" while in draft form.

WHAT WOULD THIS LAW DO?

The law would force all new personal computers and digital home entertainment devices sold in the United States to have government-approved "policeware" built-in.

4. certainly - aren't you aware of the broad public support for extending the copyright term?

this is democracy in action, the government responding to the will of the people. the people rose up and demanded that they be prevented from free use of works under copyright, for another 20 years.

major media companies probably had nothing to do with it. (non-French) politicians would not put corporate interests above those of the people.

http://www.law.asu.edu/HomePages/Karjala/OpposingCopyrightExtension/

5. I've wondered for a while if the government has some way of tapping into people's computers. Maybe they have some little program installed with Windows, Anti-virus programs, etc. I'm probably just being too paranoid, but it is something that has crossed my mind a few times.

6. You likely have trojans on your computer, of some kind.

No, not the ones you keep on top of the computer, I mean the virus kind.

7. Those are tissues, not trojans... :D

J/K gordy....

8. i truly doubt that the supreme court would allow any of this to happen...even scalia is a firm believer in the rights of the individual...

although, they do allow drug testing...anyone know if the issue of drug testing has ever appeared before the supreme court?? to me, that seems like the ultimate invasion of privacy -- essentially you are being accused of committing a crime for which there is no evidence -- i mean, you don't have to take a lie-detector test to prove that you haven't stolen anything recently, so WTF is up with drug testing???

#10     May 1, 2003