If the fed does not raise rates, how much will USD/EUR fall?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by The Kin, Sep 19, 2005.

1. I know this is a odd question but one of you experts got to have a general idea.. Skalpz?

I'm too new to ForEx and have no idea whatsoever what might happen if fed pauses.

2. Fed pausing would drop the U.S. dollar --- it would be a sign that the fed may think the U.S. economy is in trouble, and they have not yet mentioned this over the previous several meetings --- it would be like an earnings surprise announcement to the downside for the U.S. economy.

3. Don't get your panties in a knot over the USD/EUR.

4. I'm guess I'm asking by how much... 10,20,50 points? I knew it would go down, I just don't know the intensity of the downfall: minor, big or huge??

5. my guess 60+ ticks, and possibly EU gets back to 12300 level in several days

6. 100+ at least, but who knows if it will stay.

7. Slightly off-topic, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread for a minor question with a specific answer.

Would someone tell me exactly what time (within a few seconds) the Fed decision and the accompanying statement were released around 2:15 pm ET today? I'd like to know, to help with the analysis of price action. Thanks.