If the Fed cuts by 50pt tomorrow....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by forsalenyc, Sep 15, 2008.

1. I agree. AIG is far different than LEH. If America doesn't want matters to get worse, it is time for Fed to save AIG.

I just covered the last 1000 shares @ 2.95. Not worth the risk anymore i guess.

#11     Sep 16, 2008
  2. Daal

Daal

if the fed doesn't cut at all, pimco will say 'we told you it was not a slam dunk' if they cut they will say 'we think this is an appropriate measure'. well in the trading world that I live in you only bank if you are right

#12     Sep 16, 2008
  3. Cuts were only a part of the mess.
    The core of the disaster lay in loose lending criteria attached to the bundling of bad paper.

Yes low rates contributed but they were not singularily the root cause.

regards
    f9

#13     Sep 16, 2008
  4. AIG is finished, just look at the stock thats all you need to do. The borrowing cost have now gone wayyyyyyy up. It's over done finished.

Fed can't help there stretched to thin, there running out of cash, end of story. We had a bunch of greedy self centered men running the show.

#14     Sep 16, 2008
  5. Mvic

Mvic

23 minutes left for the Fed to pull a rabbit out of their hat.

#15     Sep 16, 2008
  6. 22 minutes left

#16     Sep 16, 2008
  7. Traber

Traber

Correct me if I'm wrong but's not the Fed's place to save AIG?

#17     Sep 16, 2008
  8. Traders don't think it's finished... up over 100% from the lows.

#18     Sep 16, 2008
  9. Hmm... How could they pay a dividend of .22 last week?

2.69B shares outstanding... ~ 1/2 B paid as dividends while they beg for $70B bridge loan?

86% held by institutions and insiders. 1184 institutions.
    They are asking for $30 / a share as bridge loan when their shares are trading for $1-$3. Any fool that bails them out will go down themselves.

Outside of the scalpers... this company is and should be history...

$70 to ~$1 52 week
    $23 to ~$1 Sept 08

Volume over 300M shares today... 300M!
    Over 800M shares traded this month.

There talking govt bail out to save who? 14% private investors?

I too would like a billion dollar bridge loan to go to vegas and bet it all on 00 to bail them out ;) Lets all go to vegas and enjoy a weekend of hedonism.. Party like rock stars and bet it all just before catching the red-eye home.

#19     Sep 16, 2008
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Just to let you know, if the federal reserve comes in and cuts 50BP and stocks rally SELL every position you have thats in the green because the market is going to fall twice as hard as it did on Monday when people realize cutting rates to historical lows isnt going to matter.

#20     Sep 16, 2008