If the Dems win this Fall

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arnie, Oct 11, 2006.

1. All really good ideas that hinge on one thing....no investigations of Bush. Start that brush fire and everything goes into a holding pattern, which will only prove that the radical elements of the Democratic party are more concerned about sticking it to Bush rather than doing what's best for the country.
    Really now, if you had a choice. Implement every single thing you've listed, or impeach Bush. Which would you choose? Giving the boot to Bush, guilty or not, while giving up the chance to implement these reforms would be the greater dis-service to the country.

#11     Oct 11, 2006
  2. The congress will be busy fighting Bush, stops either side from doing any more harm to the nation.

Not that I'm predicting the Democrats will do harm - the Republicans are making this claim. OTOH, Bush has done plenty of harm in the past 6 years.

Historically, a divided government has always been good. Reagan, Clinton are two examples.

#12     Oct 11, 2006
  3. All really good ideas
    Thanks

Really now, if you had a choice. Implement every single thing you've listed, or impeach Bush. Which would you choose?
    I would undoubtedly have chosen to implement the programs but frankly I don't see why it has to be an either or scenario. Moreover I have no doubt that Bush if not pre-occupied with impeachment will actively oppose and do everything in his power to kill all those programs. Equally important is the fact that we are a nation of laws, too many people in this country and in the world suspect that Bush broke the law and committed impeachable offences and these suspicions are not entirely baseless. Not investigating his actions, letting him off the hook and proving that the most powerful person on the planet is indeed above the law would set a really terrible precedent.

#13     Oct 11, 2006
  4. Here is another democratic idea:

College for Everyone

College for Everyone is a concept that we implemented in a small, rural and very poor county in Eastern North Carolina -- Greene County.

The idea is to make college available to anyone who has graduated from high school who is qualified to go to college and commits to working 10 hours per week.

The program has been in place for a year and has been extremely successful so far. We've given out hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships, and a huge percentage of graduating seniors signed up last year.

As to the future, the whole idea of College for Everyone is to do it on a national scale -- which of course requires the government's involvement. The Bush administration has cut billions in aid for college students at the same time that they've given billions in subsidies to the biggest oil companies in America. It's a travesty, and it's one of the resons these elections are important.

John Edwards on dailykos.com
    http://www.dailykos.com/comments/2006/10/11/182251/67/206#206

#14     Oct 11, 2006
  5. I don't disagree with you in principle, but......the reality is this president, every other president, and a whole host of others are above the law. History has proven this numerous times. Why try to prove a point that everyone knows is bullshit. You or me commit a crime and we're going down. These guys, worst they get is forced retirement. Nixon, perfect example. That MF'er should have went to prison. Did he? Nope!
    I wish/hope it's not an either or situation, but I can't see how it works out any other way. Time will tell, but I'm less than optimistic.

#15     Oct 11, 2006
  6. Artie21

Artie21

Yes to #1, 4, 6

No to all others.

Stop listening to Rush. He doesn't know anything and he is still in withdrawal.

What they might so is hold the executive branch accountable, instead of giving a bunch of frat boys a blank check, like that fat faggot Hastert and Tom "the soon to be felon" Delay did.

When will you people wake up and realize that the Republican party has been coopted by a bunch of deluded zealots? If they aren't outright criminals
    they are pedophiles.

The Nazi party at its outset was stocked to the gills with felons, perverts, con men, homosexuals, drug addicts, drunkards, and warmongers who skipped out on duty during WW1. Sound familiar?

Time for the Republicans to clean house (and senate) and shed themselves of the lunatics. Even if that means they will only have 4 members in congress, it will be a good start.

#16     Oct 11, 2006
  7. Yes, it has been a wonderful time... for Haliburtan/KBR, Blackwater, C.A.C.I., etc. What a fantastic return on investment. Buying the Republican party has paid huge dividends.

#17     Oct 11, 2006
  8. Artie21

Artie21

That's the only criteria huh?

2001- to present:

1) Most devastating attack on US soil in the history of the republic.

2) Undeclared war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

3) Most massive governmental expansion since the New Deal.

4) Deficit financing that would make Reagan blush

5) Emergence of North Korea as a nuclear power. Iran soon to follow.

6) US auto companies eclipsed by Japanese auto companies INSIDE the Untited States.

7)Unprecedented siezure of the agencies of government by corporate agents. Executive branch overwhelmingly staffed by representatives of narrow interests, to wit, EPA divisions all headed by former lobbyists from the power industry.

Maybe you think these trends should not be reversed? We can talk about what society is doing, or we can talk about what the Bush regime is doing. But don't try to fool us by pointing to trends in the larger society that are largely divorced from the effects of governmental management.

#18     Oct 11, 2006
  9. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

The Dems raise taxes to build unions and bureaucracies to provide less public service for more money, which always leads to a nation that is not productive. The Dems balancing the budget is the result of them falling ass-backwards on good times, like Clinton.

A party that still doesn’t believe that an enemy exists? A party that wants to kiss Muslim ass? A party that wants to appease those who grow strong when we become weak? Get the hell out of here!

Stop pretending these people are adults relying on the minimum wage to put food on the table for their families. They are all snot-nosed kids relying on gobs of family subsidy already. If they are adults, they are also relying on family support. Many Hispanics don’t mind living 10 people per household. 10 times better than Mexico. Guess what? They ALL have jobs with money left over to send to Mexico!

Medicare is already a bonanza for seniors. The Dems won’t do anything better for seniors other than do what they can to tax what seniors have left.

Hahaha! They are too dumb to even talk about any realistic plan. They are still stuck on an “illegal war that shouldn’t have happened.” They have no plan but to cut and run, which will cause far more casualties than that bogus casualty report that just came out.

Correct. They will do anything they can to place America at a disadvantage.

No need. The private sector has taken care of this.

Osama has one fking foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, with one hand holding onto his dialysis machine and the other not working. And Afghanistan is stable enough.

They will raise taxes on the upper 50% of the country. They tax the productive to support a dependent nonproductive entitlement class that blames its problems on the productive. The Dems will tell illegal immigrants that it’s all the rich white man’s fault, when in fact illegal immigrants received more opportunity than they every could get in Mexico.

They have been working on this for a trillion years.

#19     Oct 11, 2006