If Tea Partiers are such deluded fools, why are they doing so well?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Because America, despite its enormous potential, has no lack of deluded fools. Deluded fools like each other's company because they feel less stupid when they are among their own.

As my father once told me, and his father told him, the biggest potatoes usually grow for the stupidest farmers.

Thanks for asking.

#31     Nov 2, 2010
  2. The Constitution was designed to "keep the government off of the people's back". That principle must ALWAYS be respected. (Though in modern America, it isn't.... we have "allowed things to slip" over the last 100 years... through inattention and apathy... much to our detriment.)

#32     Nov 2, 2010
  3. I have to admit I haven't read the TP platform other than what is posted above. However, if the first line of your manifesto is to respect the constitution and determine the constitutionality of every law that is passed and then the third statement is to go ahead and amend the constitution, you have something that is in contradiction.

#33     Nov 2, 2010
  4. Humpy

Humpy

Maybe you amend the bits you don't like and then call it constitutional

#34     Nov 2, 2010
  5. So both your father and grandfather were losers who rationalized their shortcomings by labeling those who did well as "stupid." That explains a lot. Thanks for sharing.

#35     Nov 2, 2010
  6. There's that cognitive issue of yours again. You mistake simple observation for rationalization. But don't fret. Why not plant a potato instead?

#36     Nov 2, 2010
  7. Acting out your old family dysfunctionality is the best you can do? How sad :(

#37     Nov 2, 2010
  8. Your complete lack of comprehension regarding the import of my potato story is hardly surprising. Analogously, Livermore, as Livingston in Lefevre's Reminiscences said, "In big bull markets the plain adulterated sucker, utterly ignorant of rules and precedents, buys blindly because he hopes blindly. He makes most of the money [i.e., the biggest potatoes] -- until one of the healthy reactions takes it away from him at one fell swoop." Remember that line? I added the potato reference to better help you connect the dots. Are the dots beginning to connect?

Here's another analogy if you think you can handle it. Robert Harris wrote in his book, Lustrum, "...he possessed that most attractive form of courage: the bravery of a nervous man. After all, any rash fool can be a hero if he sets no value on his life, or hasn't the wit to appreciate the danger..." Similarly, it's easy for deluded fools to congregate in an arrogantly confident manner for a "cause" they arguably do not adequately comprehend, and which will potentially affect their own well-being adversely. So why, then, should a large wave of fools come as a surprise?

#38     Nov 2, 2010
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

[​IMG]

#39     Nov 2, 2010
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Every time I read this thread's title I think, "I dunno, why is Justin Bieber doing so well?"

#40     Nov 2, 2010