If SP500 rise 300 pts in 10 seconds. how many of you will be broke assuming if u r in

Discussion in 'Politics' started by qdz3se, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Aside from the obvious - that it's not possible for the S&P to move 300 points in days let alone only 10 seconds - what event could you possibly think of that would be so incredibly positive to trigger that much unbridled and relentless buying??

#11     Jun 2, 2004
  2. Simple for the downside... all out nuclear attack in NYC. Houndreds of thousands dead and major banks destroyed..

Its definately possible.. more so in the future as the bad guys find out how to do all these things.

I pray it never happens.. but I would of never believed that something like 9/11 would happen.. so at the end no one knows anything.

But to the upside... i would probably bet thats impossible.. unless market is extremely oversold or we go into irregular volatility movement.

--MIKE

#12     Jun 2, 2004
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

The only thing I can think of that would temporarily blow things sky-high would be the capture of Osama Bin Laden. Just about everything else leads to dramatic declines as already discussed.

#13     Jun 2, 2004
  4. Yeah, I thought about that too - but 300 points? Possible I guess.

#14     Jun 2, 2004
  5. Best thing that ever happened to ya. Blow out your piddling account, so you can get a real , productive job, and become a useful citizen again.

#15     Jun 2, 2004
  6. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

What about some kind of new discovery or invention? No way the S&P will move 300 points just on the capture of bin laden.

#16     Jun 2, 2004