If something is easy...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by travis, Jan 8, 2009.

1. travis

travis

There's people like me that... when it comes to picking girlfriends and trades, they have been used to challenge all their life, trained to race, that if you have it all set up for you and all you have to do is pick the money or the girl, you don't go for it. You'd rather go for an almost impossible girl or trade. As a consequence, you end up being without a woman, because those who want you are not desirable, and with a negative balance because the easy trades are not attractive, and you always end up going for a very risky reckless trade.

It's a habit that I can't manage to get rid of. As soon as a woman wants me, I am not interested anymore. The only girlfriend I had that lasted a year, it was because she kept on leaving me every two months. That was perfect. And she left me, because after she was granted, I started appreciating her less.

Now, with trading, it so happens that I have a system that does all things that have to be done to make money. All I have to do is program it (which is done), turn it on and let it run. So what do I do? I try to make an extra buck on the side with my own trades, which most of the time win, but when they go wrong, they make me lose everything, or half of my capital, because I can't apply the stoploss. Because, stupidly enough, I am trained to never quit. So I don't even quit a losing trade.

Let's forget the deal about girls, because I am not really sure about all the implications of what I said. But with trading I need to change fast. I have got to let the system run and stop seeking challenges, because that is exactly what will make me lose money.

Anyone else has a similar problem?

2. You are full of bullshit and a loser.

3. You have low self esteem, and you like to play power games with people.

I on the other hand have the women and the money, and NEVER take hard trades.
    The bitter end of the stick is still good sometimes, at least you get to pat yourself on the back when you are all lonely and alone :D

It was all you!

teeheee

4. travis

travis

I know I am doing something wrong, both with girls and with trading and with my life. That is why I came to this section of the forum to get some advice.

So what is your advice? You two are telling me "you got problems and I don't". Wow, that's great. I bet you also go up to people begging for money and tell them, "you're poor!".

I need someone who had a similar problem and solved it. And with a friendlier attitude.

5. eagle

eagle

Trading and girl, the two are the same, meaning that you must treat them the same way. You keep the good and dump the bad. So start dating and learn how to dump a girl, and then it will make easier to dump a bad trading. :D

Did you know the secret, if you have dumped many girls then the last girl that you're dating will respect you more.

6. karol88

karol88

maybe you are a little narcissistic? people like that are not interested in the person itself, but in the praise, the idea that she wants you...once you get that, you're satisfied, and move to a different target. The harder it is to get, the more satisfaction it will bring you...but only until she falls for you. basically you never really cared about her, you only cared about her falling for you.

7. travis

travis

Well, yeah, narcissistic is correct. Absolutely. That's my personality disorder. But let's not get into all that stuff. I don't even want to know how to be able to have a lasting relationship with a girl. I would like to just know if there are people who have had a problem knowing exactly what they had to do but not doing it because it was boring and not challenging. Because that is exactly my problem I think.

Jesse Livermore said

"After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight! It is no trick at all to be right on the market. You always find lots of early bulls in bull markets and early bears in bear markets. I’ve known many men who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying or selling stocks when prices were at the very level which should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine that is, they made no real money out of it. Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn. But it is only after a stock operator has firmly grasped this that he can make big money."

He also lost everything over and over, and didn't use a correct money management, as known.

8. karol88

karol88

sure, there are. one who is lazy knows he should get up and do something, but still won't.
    it's not only about knowing what to do, but about 'wanting' to do it...that's more fun, this way we enjoy the things we 'should' be doing...a long way for a narcissist...unless there is a major change inside of you, life and doing the right things will be boring, lacking pleasure. there's no quick fix.
    You are talking about a habit that you can't get rid of ....yet you won't address your personality disorder? go to the source....

9. travis

travis

Yeah, there might be some sense in what you said. But I was expecting some quick technique, like "turn your system on and force yourself to stay out of the house until the markets close" or "I had the same problem and I finally solved it like this" or something similar. After all this is a trading forum. Maybe I was just talking out loud to clarify my ideas. Thanks to everyone.

10. DrEvil

DrEvil

You are asking for advice on how to be disciplined. Probably if you are shitting yourself about the prospect of being homeless somewhere down the line if you cannot sort your trading/yourself out then that should be enough motivation. Don't you think?

#10     Jan 8, 2009