If Romney Won, Where Would We Be?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Satan's Helper, Jul 8, 2013.

Would We Have a Better Economy Today if Romney Won the Election?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Same

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  1. Just for kicks; do you think our economy would be better or worst if Romney were President today?

2. clacy

clacy

Realistically we would be pretty much the same except he would probably be willing to scrap or radically change Obamacare which is a drag on the hiring of full time employees.

I am no fan of Obama and I certainly think it couldn't possibly be any worse under Romney but I doubt it would be much different.

3. jem

jem

had romney won...

I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment - this was the time - when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America.

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Change from bad to worse is still "Change".

5. Dude, Romney would've friggin' drilled to the center of the Earth and the friggin' core would've stopped spinning. Heal the planet? What fucking planet are you on?

Jobs? He DECIMATED Dade Intl. Bankrupted it after taking out >$300MM.

6. Romney is scum but things would be pretty much the same, unless he attacked Iran then it would be much worse.

7. That is a good point. He would most likely open the flood gates with no concern about the future of the Country or the consequences of his actions (aka: campaign doners free to rape anything they want). We all know how that ends.

8. jem

jem

the reaction to Obamas 2008 speech was telling.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4F-n3ZesNP8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. heypa

heypa

What ifs are stupid futile exercises when it comes to speculating about past events. They are worthwhile when trying to evaluate possible results if you consider initiating a possible action. Anyone can Monday morning quarterback a situation, but can never change the results of the questioned activity.

10. Cotton

Cotton

"no" and "same" carry the same weight in OP's question

#10     Jul 8, 2013