If McCain wins the whole thing...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hughb, Feb 1, 2008.

1. hughb

hughb

I wonder what those thugs in Vietnam who tortured him while he was there are going to do? Brag to their grandchildren how they tortured the President of the United States?

President Bush made a business trip to Vietnam last year, I wonder if McCain would do the same if he had a cause to.

What an awkward situation.

McCain gets my respect as a genuine tough guy. Not too many people would refuse parole from a POW camp where they are being tortured.

Big ol' navy salute for John McCain.

2. there will be some extremely angry veterans come to the light if mccain wins. there is very little chance he would beat the democrat regardless of who they run. mccain is a dead horse.

3. Yeah, once the DEMs run him through the ringers it is over for him. Even GOP voters are tired of the establishment at this point and are seeking change. Mac is the furthest thing from change on either ballot right now.

4. Mac is currently ahead in polls vs either Hillary OR Obama. Source: Realclearpolitics. This is the only source I believe as they are 100% non partisan, and they average all the others.

I think you guys are dead wrong cause Mac will get the majority of Indies, and conservatives even though they hate him (the alternative is worse to all but maybe An Coulter, cause Mac is definitely more conservative than the Dems). The guy may even take Cal, which is rare for a republican. The wild card really, is turnout. Conservatives may just not vote. THAT would kill Mac.

As it is, Hillary is already imploding. Obama, on the other hand, would be tough. I don't know if he is going to catch Hill though.

BTW, I don't like McCain much, I am just calling it as I see it.