If McCain was President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Oct 12, 2010.

1. I see nothing wrong with third party voters and Ron Paul voters criticizing the shit out of Obama.My issue is the hypocrisy of most of the people who criticize and protest against Obama are and vote republican

If they want to be pissed at Obama they should be pissed for Obama stealing so many Republican ideas(Romney care,bailouts,massive deficit spending,amnesty etc )

#21     Oct 12, 2010
  2. LOL !!!

#22     Oct 12, 2010
  3. I'd also like to mention that McCain lead the Republican push in the Senate for amnesty for illegals

Ronald Reagan granted amnesty for more illegals then any other President

#23     Oct 12, 2010
  4. Obama seeks to revive McCain’s amnesty bill

Wanting to advance a revived amnesty bill through Congress in advance of the midterm elections, Barack Obama is conferring with two senators who have spent months working on the legislation.

Obama’s Domestic Policy Council is hard at work attempting to resuscitate McCain’s centerpiece legislation that failed in 2007 as Americans across the nation rose up in opposition to the sweeping amnesty proposals. Liberal Charles Schumer (D-NY) and Republican Lindsey Graham (SC) are fronting the legislation. McCain, in the fight of his political career, can’t afford to have his name attached to the divisive legislation this time around. With co-authoring Ted Kennedy gone and Jon Kyl apparently frying other fish, the search is on for another limp Republican to take up the unpopular cause.

“We’re very hopeful we can get a bill done. We have all the pieces in place. We just need a second Republican,” Schumer said in a statement reported in the LA Times.

Supporters acknowledge that a proposal must move by April or early May to have a realistic chance of passing this year. If that deadline slips, Congress’ focus is likely to shift to the November elections, making it impossible to take up major legislation.

#24     Oct 12, 2010
  5. Republican Plan:

[​IMG]

Ban Flag Burning
    Ban Gay Marriage
    Tax cuts for the rich
    More bogus wars

#25     Oct 12, 2010
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I took advantage of early voting for the November elections a couple of weeks ago. Except for a (R) governor, I voted mostly libertarian.
    My way of showing disgust for BOTH parties.

#26     Oct 12, 2010
  7. Democrat Hope and Change:

Food Stamp Recipients at Record 41.8 Million Americans in July, U.S. Says
    By Alan Bjerga - Oct 5, 2010 3:46 PM CT
    The number of Americans receiving food stamps rose to a record 41.8 million in July as the jobless rate hovered near a 27-year high, the government said.

Recipients of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program subsidies for food purchases jumped 18 percent from a year earlier and increased 1.4 percent from June, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said today in a statement on its website. Participation has set records for 20 straight months.

Unemployment in September may have reached 9.7 percent, according to a Bloomberg News survey of analysts in advance of the release of last month’s rate on Oct. 8. Unemployment was 9.6 percent in July, near levels last seen in 1983.

An average of 43.3 million people, more than an eighth of the population, will get food stamps each month in the year that began Oct. 1, according to White House estimates.

#27     Oct 12, 2010
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

McCain shouldn't even be in the Republican party.

...at one time.

I added up all the illegals granted amnesty during the Clinton years once and it added to more than the 2.7 million Reagan is responsible for. About 3 million if memory serves.

1996: The US government passes the Immigration Law Amendments to enforce the pledges of sponsors to support arriving relatives and workers. Sponsors must prove their income is at least 25% above the poverty line ($20,000 for a household of four) and must promise to maintain support until the arriving immigrant has worked 10 years or become a citizen.

1997: The US government passes the Immigration Amnesty Bill giving amnesty to all Nicaraguan and Cuban immigrants. All who applied automatically received permanent residency.

1998: The US government passes the Omnibus Budget Bill authorizing the H-1B visa program that allows the entrance of 115,000 foreign workers annually who have training or experience in high-tech fields - especially engineering, accounting, and programming. An H-1B visa allows a stay of up to three years but can be renewed for a total of six years.

1999: The US government passes the H-1B Visa amendments to close the loophole allowing Americans to be openly fired and replaced by H-1B workers..

2000: The US government passes the H-1B Visa amendments which almost doubles the number of temporary visas for foreign skilled high-tech workers from 115,000 annually to 195,000 annually for the next three years. the legislation was changed in response to the arguments of tech companies that contend they face a shortage of 300,000 workers and a 1.4 percent unemployment rate in the information technology industry. If they cannot draw the needed workers from abroad, they argue, they will be forced to more their facilities and research overseas.

#28     Oct 12, 2010

9. 83 was Reagan's term.If the king of all so called conservative presidents let unemployment get to 9.6( it went even higher then that,higher then its been under Obama in fact),why are conservatives so pissed at Obama yet praise Reagan as a God :confused:

#29     Oct 12, 2010

10. I agree,but the same republican voters who bitch and moan about Obama made McCain their nominee( and the original Obama care founder their 2nd choice )

It seems to me republicans dont care about policy at all.Massive deficits,amnesty,Obama care,bail outs etc are all fine as long as the people doing it calls themselves republicans or conservatives

#30     Oct 12, 2010