If Iran & Israel Go To War...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by canyonman00, Mar 11, 2006.

1. The leaders are going to give the order, and a reasonable assumption is that they want to stay in leadership, over a sovereign nation.

Having a nuke for them, is also a deterrent against invasion.

I think the US would have been less likely to invade Iraq had Saddam actually be in possession of nukes.....rather than the reality of someone who was so afraid to die that he was found hiding in a hole in the ground....

#21     Mar 12, 2006

2. Research? I lived in Saudi Arabia for a time. Yes, I've researched a bit.

Still does not make any changes in my point. No where in the article did it address "billions into terrorism." So my point of $0.15 of each gallon is available for terror still holds. Rather than attempt to address your major fear, you should try to actually recognize the true size of the beast. While large, in context is is but a pittance. In both it's numbers of participants as well as the amount of capital.

Think for a minute, had any of the grunts actually had $100,000 do you actually think they would be trying to die any time soon? Too many grunts with things and the movement dies. Their leaders know this fact too! That's why they preach that having things is evil. IMHO!

I speak from racial experience here. The fatter the belly, the less volatile the movement. Trust me on this one!

Ignorant leads ignorant you say? Sounds like we need to do no more to start a lasting change than start to educate. A slow process? Yes. So let's open the bottle, the genie will rise! :)

#22     Mar 12, 2006
  3. Well since you seem to know so much about the subject. Why don't you educate the rest of us. I know for a fact that the Saudis fund, in a major way , extremist religious schools all across the world. If any country needs to be invaded and razed to the ground. It is the Saudis.

#23     Mar 12, 2006
  4. It's not about knowing so much, it's about stying within the context of what I do know. Now, "funding schools," that easily makes the contributor guilty of ANYTHING that comes from the institution? That's sound logic I'm sure. The old guilt by association model.

In the early 70's there was a logic in the African American community that bought into the thinking that, "All honkeys were no good. That, "All white folks hated blacks." That, "All white folks believed in Jim Crow and it wasn't dead, just covert." There is a certain segment that still live in that backward logic today. The same sound thinking that brought us, "Every cop wants to kill black men!" Stoopid!!!

You can't allow yourself to play into the stereotypes and the small but visible racial prejudices about a peoples. You have to believe that the bad are there but the good can and will win out. You have to know that you will lose some of the battles. Some key ones, but not the war.

You don't need to kill and conquer the differences. You need to stand firm and understand that more times than not, you are not going to get it right. Especially if you've never done it before. Accept that you can only do your best and be sincere and complete in your efforts. Allow your flaws to be seen, appreciated and rectified. Therein is the answer that stops the growth of the evil feeling of superiority on both side of the equation.

If you do this, the other side will see and come to appreciate your efforts and strive to help as they can. Not only to improve themselves, but also the relationship. It is a slow and arduous task to make a friend when there has been nothing but distrust and ignorance to grow from. You extend your hand and live in your ideals so that they can govern themselves accordingly. Be unwavering in your mission and commitment so that they can discern the bad within the ranks and help you to weed them out. No matter which side they exist on! :)

#24     Mar 12, 2006
  5. It is so enjoyable watching TheConMoron sink himself deeper into the morass of his own ignorance.

Watching canyonman tear him apart is like watching a pitbull toy with a rabbit pinned under its paw.

TheConMoron - owned again!! You've been owned by so many people here, you ought to rename yourself TheConWhore. :D

#25     Mar 12, 2006
  6. Oh, the welfare of the actual Palestinian <b>people</b> is of negligible consequence to anyone, especially the Arab street.

If anyone cared about improving the lives of these pawns, it could have been easily accomplished and long forgotten about many decades ago. I didn't mean to imply that the <b>lives</b> of the professional refugees are of any importance, only <b>what they symbolize.</b> The struggle for a 'Palestinian homeland' at Israel's expense <b>is</b> of great importance to the Arab street, and this symbol has been built up too diligently to be just swept aside as the collateral damage of a greater conflict.

#26     Mar 12, 2006
  7. Illiterate is the wrong word. Few cultures cherish male literacy more than Islam.

I think the terms you're looking for here are "Poorly educated, narrow minded, and ignorant of of world."

...but not illiterate.

#27     Mar 12, 2006
  8. I agree. If they were cared about, this is a seemingly easy one to handle. Professional refugees? Good analogy. But while I think they would have been unhappy living anywhere else, I do think it could have been gotten over to some extent. The issue that I don't see how to solve amicably is the wanting Israel dead piece. :)

#28     Mar 12, 2006
  9. I tried to hint this in my earlier post. They really do pride themselves on being literate. A few posts back I mentioned that they my be "illiterate to our culture" and I do think that may be the case for both sides. Just a few back back I used the term "ignorant" to try to speak to their understanding of our ways.

It is amazing how they try to be as literate as possible while not allowing the women to enjoy any of that luxury. Of course, that might help explain the posture of women in that region of the world also. :)

#29     Mar 12, 2006
  10. I was referring to the Middle East. Not the South.

Quote from Rearden Metal:

I think the terms you're looking for here are "Poorly educated, narrow minded, and ignorant of of world."

#30     Mar 12, 2006