If Iran & Israel Go To War...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by canyonman00, Mar 11, 2006.

1. I believe this is true, but am not sure the Iranians subscribe to it.

As you mentioned, there is an element of fulfilling a religious edict in Tehran, which makes them unpredictable to a degree.

I can't imagine Israel waging this war on their own UNLESS they are attacked first. In the event they were to take the initiative and strike preemptively, I very much doubt they would do so without getting assurances from the US first.

#11     Mar 11, 2006
  2. I would expect Iran to believe they can do it alone unless they felt America would intervene. As long as we stay passive (appearing), I think Iran can be managed by Israel. And I believe they would easily have assurances from America. My concern would be what involvement would China and Russia take? I believe both are mere phantoms of what we have credited them with militarily.

Don't get me wrong, I believe they can defend themselves, but go help another country. I don't think the logistics are in place. And I know the finances aren't. And neither side has prepped their people or forces to mount anything substantial or long term.

I don't think anyone wants to put their military forces up to deal with F16's, F-18's, F-22's, and the like. They aren't in a place to lose too many resources to defend Iran. Further, they don't speak the same language so a unified smooth operation just isn't possible. And more importantly, they haven't trained together. Too many things ready to go wrong if you ask me. Even in our stretched condition, we are still formidable! :)

#12     Mar 11, 2006
  3. how soon you people forget the propaganda of yesteryear. you probably all still believe the dead babies and the incubators story... or the false satellite photo's of the "iraqi build up on the kuwaiti border." lmaoooooooooooo

you ppl just keep lapping up this shit, meanwhile another million brownies will pay the ultimate price for your blind ambitions. they say wmd's and you ppl are ready to wipe out innocent civilians by the tens of thousands.

oh wait... how silly of me. i am guessing it is now the iranians that masterminded 9/11 and okc bombing.

come on ppl look up these neocons.. they are stalin lite.... trotskyites, who laugh at our liberties.

#13     Mar 11, 2006
  4. Tons of assumptions about me here. And without a shred of credible reference. I reread the scenario and nowhere do I see the basis. This input requires no response. Therefore... :)

#14     Mar 11, 2006
  5. How can you play winning chess, if you can't take the luxury of strategically sacrificing your own pawns? The sole incentive for a Muslim leader to attempt Israel's nuclear annihilation is <b>prestige</b>, and nothing else.

The pretense for such Muslim aggression would of course be "deep concern over the plight of the poor oppressed Palestinian people". Geographically speaking, Israel and 'Palestine' are closely intertwined. Now if you nuke Israel, most of your professional refugee pawns get fried as well.

<b>This would be wholly unacceptable to the Arab street. For decades they have been aggressively sold the dream of 'liberating Palestine'.</B> In most any chess game, the player needn't think twice about sacrificing a few pawns to knock out the opposing king. In this case however, it can't be done. By elevating the Arab pawns to the status of kings, their elimination as collateral damage is <b>no longer an option.</b>

#15     Mar 12, 2006
  6. Keep on buying Hummers and SUVs. For every gallon of gas you buy. You are funding the indoctrination of another radical illiterate raghead who vote for and support these radical muslim leaders.

#16     Mar 12, 2006
  7. Hmm, I don't agree. I would move that the Palestine issue will either solve itself for them or they will move the key members away from the immediate arena. Taking one for the cause is the battle cry, remember? I would watch for key people movement over the next few months. A strategic relocation of a good number of the populous would be a signal too.

And I don't think they are valued as highly as you might. Otherwise they would have been assimilated into other areas by now. They really don't enjoy any cross border rights anywhere. They've been somewhat ostracized for many years. The logic seems to have been send them a few baubles and they will stay put and keep Israel busy. :)

#17     Mar 12, 2006
  8. Play nice now. Name calling gets you nowhere and diminishes your message value. I highly disagree. with your logic. There is no money shared or laundered with the radical wing in any great quantity because you buy gas. The indoctrination as you see it, literally costs no money and will culturally go on whether gas is sold or not. The hard core extremists do not sit around eating and drinking the best of anything. Those killing, and being killed, for the cause are the grunts who have managed on little or nothing. And they will continue!

Illiterate? The associated operative word you need to add in here somewhere is relative. In your culture and understanding they qualify. But they read and speak their native languages and are versed in enough dialect that we have no clue in many instances what's going on. Even our translators are puzzled with the meanings and inferences of some of their statements and writings. But I could probably put you down in many inner cities (or most minority communities) in this country and you would be considered illiterate and irrelevant to what was going on also.

As for radical leaders, to hear it spoken by either party here in America we fill your bill there also. President Bush, Al Gore, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Howard Dean, Harry Bellefonte, the list goes on. Have you ever listened to James Carvel rant and rave? Ann Coulter throws a mean hissy fit from time to time too. And all of these individuals can be considered radical to some extent. And they all have their own dedicated and "blindly loyal to the end" followings. Louis Farakahn? Paaaaa-lease!

As for Hummers and SUV's, they run on the same gas as do any of your so-called acceptable vehicles. Some fantasy MPG grail number is insignificant to the facts of your own argument of where the money goes. Be it $60 or $20 a barrel, the $0.15 is still there for terror. And it will continue! :)

#18     Mar 12, 2006
  9. smallfil

smallfil

Our huge appetite for oil is making us more and more dependent on the Middle East which could have severe consequences when that oil supply is disrupted by events beyond our control like sabotage, wars, etc.
    Islamic radicals are what they are not because of the oil but, because they believe whatever their mullahs tell them!!! Much like zombies who just acts as directed!!!
    The Islamic radical leaders believe that they can put everyone to the sword and conquer the world and promote Islam!!!
    Why do you think they are creating havoc all over the world??? The fact is these radicals think that they can actually succeed!!!
    That said, a certain portion of the oil profits do get into the hands of extremists usually thru the charitable organizations of the muslim world. A good example would be the money being given to families of suicide bombers, funds given to governments who supports Islamic radicals, etc.

#19     Mar 12, 2006
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  10. Why do you disagree? Have you researched this area?

Please read:

The Saudi Connection
    How billions in oil money spawned a global terror network

By David E. Kaplan

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/031215/15terror.htm

And yes. The people who support the illiterate fundamentalist preachers are illiterates. The educated ones leave and move to the west.

Quote from canyonman00:

Play nice now. Name calling gets you nowhere and diminishes your message value. I highly disagree. with your logic. There is no money shared or laundered with the radical wing in any great quantity because you buy gas. The indoctrination as you see it, literally costs no money and will culturally go on whether gas is sold or not. The hard core extremists do not sit around eating and drinking the best of anything. Those killing, and being killed, for the cause are the grunts who have managed on little or nothing. And they will continue!

#20     Mar 12, 2006