If IBM disappoints today...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 18, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

I can recall most of the last dips, especially the nasty one we had in June/July. If there is a dip of 7% or 9% I will certainly be buying it, I have seen in the past too many times a dip that was hard to go long on, turn into just the GREATEST buying opportunities.

#31     Jan 18, 2007
  2. As long as fundamentals, psychology and macroeconomic conditions are favorable, I agree.

You wouldn't want to dip buy amidst deteriorating fundamentals, though.

#32     Jan 18, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Thats the thing though, rewind back to June and July of 2006, I was going long nearly every sector ETF and every single time I did I was nearly selling for a loss due to the constant sell offs. It was like a never ending drop. Everyone thought at that time that there were deteriorating fundamentals with high inflation, gas above 3 bucks a gallon and 70+ a barrel. On top of that recession talks and a housing collapse.

By mid July everyone forgot about that and of course by the end of 2006 most markets were sitting on double digit gains for the year.

#33     Jan 18, 2007
  4. Mvic

Mvic

If there is a sell off (looking for 5-7%) then scale back to the weeekly chart and wait until you see a volume spike followed by a snap back from the lows in the CCI. Then it is a good bet that the dip can be bought. To say that bottoms were easier to call than tops would be a huge understatement.

#34     Jan 18, 2007
  5. That's true. Psychology was negative, and people were freaked about gas prices and inflation.

I think employment and real wage growth is the ultimate benchmark. If that foundation remains healthy, other aspects can be minimized.

#35     Jan 18, 2007