If I was King of the the USA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

And also to me the earmarks issue is actually the least important one.

#11     Nov 4, 2008
  2. Naw, let's be honest, your suggestions are good ones, but have been beaten to death by the candidates -- you never read Obama's 60 page policy paper.

(Heck, your idea to put the FBI, DEA, etc. under one unit was suggested by the Democrats under Clinton, and not just abused by the Republicans but mocked and derided as "big government" and "dangerous." Then later, the Republicans grabbed the idea and even the department name. The department? Homeland Security.)

The reason why the country is in for long term problems isn't the party, it's an uninformed electorate. (Hell, many Republicans are outright proud that they don't receive any of the "liberal news" as if news needs to be spun.)

#12     Nov 4, 2008
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

You are correct that I have not read Obama's 60 page policy paper. If McCain has one I've not read his either because long ago I decided that I could not support either of them.
    Homeland Security is one of the biggest cluster fucks even, and it's not even come close to accomplishing what the integration of Federal Law Enforcement should look like.
    I would agree with you that the uninformed electorate is a huge problem. The people who continue to insist that Obama is a Muslim (as if that should matter in the first place) or that he was not born in the United States, or the new one that he is really not black but an Arab should not be allowed to vote. Likewise the voters that Howard Stern interviewed in Harlem should not be allowed to either.
    I try to get news from as many places as I can. I don't have Fox news where I live, so I mostly watch CNN and I think that with the exception of Jack Caffarty they are all just fine.

#13     Nov 4, 2008
  4. Yeah, I know. Many more are just like you -- millions, in fact. Kentucky looks like it's going for McCain.

Welcome to your suggestion. Actually many aspects have been done well, such as information sharing.

TV generally just gives snippets. I never trust a video, and never trust a quote. I go to the primary sources. At least half the time (and more if it's from a Republican) the quote is nothing like they portray it.

#14     Nov 4, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Anyone who has ever talked to a reporter and then had what they said reprinted knows that the media can take anything you say and make it mean anything they want if that is the goal. Anyway, more morphine for me tonigh and so I should go lay down before I start to drewl all over my keyboard. G'nite.

#15     Nov 4, 2008